• ...and so much more!
  • BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    It is under the heading of USPSA because I did not want to create another window on that website. Not going to make a lot of changes until I see if this thing is practical and can grow. I have delusions of grandeur for where it could go. So no need to feel dirty. The USPSA crowd will be uncomfortable with some aspects as well.

If anybody can make it go, It will be you!!. You have done a fantastic job with these indoor shoots as well as the shoots at Riley.:bowdown::cheers:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Registered.

But I have to say, as an IDPA shooter, I see its listed as a USPSA match. Now I feel dirty. :):

I feel dirty when I shoot an IDPA match and I can't carry my carry gun the way I carry it and load it the way I load it when I am carrying it because of their retarded, restrictive equipment rules.

In USPSA, there are divisions that will allow you to shoot pretty much anything you would carry and carry the way you carry (like appendix IWB). Sub 9mm and shoulder holsters notwithstanding, of course.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    "No sight pictures maybe taken during the press check" I am not certain what is meant by this line. I know what a press check is.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    "No sight pictures maybe taken during the press check" I am not certain what is meant by this line. I know what a press check is.
    In many competitions a sight picture is allowed in the make ready phase. Since this is geared toward carry none will be allowed. On the street you do not have the opportunity to take a sight picture prior to any shooting.

jake 2000

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    indianapolis
    In many competitions a sight picture is allowed in the make ready phase. Since this is geared toward carry none will be allowed. On the street you do not have the opportunity to take a sight picture prior to any shooting.

I should be available to come early if you need any help getting set up just let me know

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    This ought to be fun and educational. Am I correct in thinking my magazines should only be loaded with 6 rounds each?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Load the magazines as much as you want. Carry the gun anywhere you want on the belt. Fun concealment as described earlier in the thread. The idea is to let people carry their gun for this match as close to how they carry on the street as possible. The six round thing is to see if low capacity guns are viable or not in a defensive encounter. If the typical gunfight is three rounds fired then most defensive encounter are low round count affairs. Hoping to make these type of matches realistic as possible, hoping to test guns, gear and skill and see what shakes out. I hope to avoid tons of rules and get by on some principles and the Four Rules of gun safety with the addition of the 180 rule.

I plan to register everyone personally and check concealment at that time. We will have a detailed shooters meeting to fill in the blanks as much as possible, and explain the rules. This whole things is a work in progress, and I am going to try and over plan and over organize it to minimize the grow pains, but I am sure it will not be perfect at the start.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    With being a first time match attendee, I am not as worried about a high score as much as not missing any safety practice.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    With being a first time match attendee, I am not as worried about a high score as much as not missing any safety practice.
    That is the attitude to have. This will be different that steel matches, IDPA, USPSA and such in procedures. Most matches run a cold range for safety reasons. But with this geared toward carry that is not practical, but it will still be safe.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    1 slot remaining for this first match. I have the rough idea of six stages down on paper. I hope to fine tune them over the next couple of days in my spare time. Thanks to all who signed up already. I hope to deliver a really good first match. Hopefully it will improve from there.

Top Bottom