• rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Care to elaborate.

Sure!

For one, I like the intent you have expressed. Focusing on defense-oriented shooting skills is a great idea. IDPA claimed to be about that in the beginning and it has grown into a fine game, but it's real purpose was obviously to be "not IPSC."

As you know, I am am advocate of hot ranges. In my opinion, they are safer in the long run and discourage the false concept of handling guns differently because you believe they are either loaded or unloaded.

I like that we'll come to the line and just do it instead of elaborate preparation rituals.

Along with the hot range, I like that we won't be inculcating people with the practice unloading their guns immediately after shooting.

I like that the stages will be short, simple, and have only a few targets.

That's what comes to mind right now!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I like what you are excited about. I am concerned that the round count will be a turn off for the gaming community.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I like what you are excited about. I am concerned that the round count will be a turn off for the gaming community.

That's possible, but it's just as possible that your potential market is most a different set of people. There will be some crossover, but think of how many people we know who are hard core USPSA shooters who don't even carry a gun.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    With being a first time match attendee, I am not as worried about a high score as much as not missing any safety practice.

Yup. Ive been competing in IDPA for 2 or 3 years now. I still have one goal and one goal only: Have fun, dont leave with any extra holes, dont DQ. If I do that, Its a good day. Screw the score. (OK, so its 3 in 1...)

Last edited:

cakelly1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Columbus
    I've shot all Bullseye or USPSA and steel matches and am looking forward to something different. So what about round count, as I know Coach, he'll come up with some good courses of fire.. Don't let us down Coach!

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I just saw this. I am a fan of this idea. I'm going to say some things that pop in to my head.... In no particular order, just thoughts.

*Low light stages
    *Contact distance problems
    *Hand restrictions/simulated injury
    *Foreground/background issues
    *Targets that drop when you hit them right
    *Targets with shirts so you can't readily see the effects until they go down
    *3D or photo-realistic targets with side/back/non-frontal views and appropriate scoring for effective hits from those angles

Just some things that seem like they could fit in maybe. Bonus stages.... Regardless, this sounds like fun times. I like the concept.

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Looking forward to this, I hope you have plans for another, soon. Seems it's pretty well received since it filled up quickly and a shot hasn't been fired. The concept appears to be very appealing to a lot of people. Personally I see this as a big winner.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member, [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The match is full and coming up this week. Please review the rules and restrictions in the OP. Bring 100 rounds. We will be shooting less but I cannot say how many because it will depend on how fast things move and that depends on shooters being on time, ready for the their turn, help with pasting.

I think the round count will be just above 55 rounds for six stages.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The next one will likely be Monday January 29th. I will not open it until after the first one. The start time may be a little different and the number of slots may change. I will be posting it on Wednesday night after the match when I get home.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Planning on two more on a Monday night in Feb. for those who like to plan.

Top Bottom