Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The scores can be found at the link below. What are the opinions on the stages with no mandatory reload? Thanks for everyone that came out to shoot. Thanks for the great set up and tear down help. The matches are on the calendar through mid March. There is a Intro to Carry Gun match class also on the calendar if you want some classroom information on scoring and other details. There will also be a live fire portion of that class with instruction about technique and stages. So if you are interested or know someone that is get signed up.

https://practiscore.com/results/new/87066?q_result=0

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The scores can be found at the link below. What are the opinions on the stages with no mandatory reload? Thanks for everyone that came out to shoot. Thanks for the great set up and tear down help. The matches are on the calendar through mid March. There is a Intro to Carry Gun match class also on the calendar if you want some classroom information on scoring and other details. There will also be a live fire portion of that class with instruction about technique and stages. So if you are interested or know someone that is get signed up.

https://practiscore.com/results/new/87066?q_result=0

I think there was a good mix of mandatory reload and no reload. Having a 12 round stages with and without mandatory reloads seems good to me.

rlw9337

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Another fun match. Mandatory reloads or not is fine. Having some is good for reload practice. Of course I prefer mandatory reloads because I shoot low capacity firearms most of the time.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Even though it's physically larger the primary reason I carry something that holds 16 rounds IS capacity. I like having a couple of stages where capacity is an advantage. The closer to "real world" and fewer "gamer games" the better. In the real world I'm not going to change mags until the situation demands it. Great match as always, I really enjoyed it.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Last edited:

Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    A mix is good- makes you think (kinda like the real world). Actually caught myself on both stages w/no mandatory reload thinking, “crap, forgot to reload”. As you’ve said many times, “following directions is a thing”. Really liked the 2 stages requiring firing while moving (one didn’t REQUIRE it, but I think most of us did).

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Planning to maintain the reload after 6 requirement most of the time to make all guns relevant. All guns having a chance was one of big ideas at the start. But I am going to mix in some matches or a stage or two now and then to let the full size guns stretch their legs.

Thinking of dropping to one division. But that has pros and cons as well.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I had a great time.
    The malfunction on the weak hand only stage killed me. I almost dropped my primary
    Gun so i could draw my bug out of my left front pocket. Maybe a stage like that in the future,?
    I like changing up the scoring and not having the mandatory reload all the time. It makes you think.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have some video from last nights match. It is in two pieces.

[video=youtube;1FEXvyeeTds]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FEXvyeeTds[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This is the other segment. Between the two this is all I have.

[video=youtube;aSsXLhfH49U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSsXLhfH49U[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I had a great time.
    The malfunction on the weak hand only stage killed me. I almost dropped my primary
    Gun so i could draw my bug out of my left front pocket. Maybe a stage like that in the future,?
    I like changing up the scoring and not having the mandatory reload all the time. It makes you think.

Back up gun stages is something I want to do. Have not come up with a good way to do it. Plus it might shrink the pool of people that can shoot the match. Since I am day drinking today perhaps inspiration will strike.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Back up gun stages is something I want to do. Have not come up with a good way to do it. Plus it might shrink the pool of people that can shoot the match. Since I am day drinking today perhaps inspiration will strike.
    It’s about noon, around 1400 consider mounting the car door to a chair with wheels. It’ll sound better after a few more cold ones.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Planning to maintain the reload after 6 requirement most of the time to make all guns relevant. All guns having a chance was one of big ideas at the start. But I am going to mix in some matches or a stage or two now and then to let the full size guns stretch their legs.

Thinking of dropping to one division. But that has pros and cons as well.
    Of course you know I'm for the one division. I see the match as a "carry gun" match so having divisions seems redundant. Maybe shorter stages with smaller hit or miss targets to keep the smaller capacity guns competitive where scoring is concerned is a possibility? I shoot what I carry every day in the match, that's why I think it's unequaled practice/training for defending yourself. I also think having the big boy rules and a hot range is a plus.
    IMHO the divisions and games that go with what some would call the more structured matches just muddy the waters from their original intent, defending yourself SUCCESSFULLY. :)
    What ever you decide I'll say again that all the time and energy you put in to designing different stages as well as set up and tear down is greatly appreciated because I'm sure no one is getting rich on the $20 entry fee.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County

One idea that I had was to have a common BUG available. Picked up from a table or retrieved from a box or drawer.
    This could be after firing the primary gun to a simulated malfunction.
    I have an XDs and a sheild we could use for folks that don't have a second gun.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    One idea that I had was to have a common BUG available. Picked up from a table or retrieved from a box or drawer.
    This could be after firing the primary gun to a simulated malfunction.
    I have an XDs and a sheild we could use for folks that don't have a second gun.

I have tje gun vault there and we have done that before. We have a rental wall full of guns to use.

Top Bottom