• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I stayed on my feet the entire time, which was my primary (only) goal for the night. My "high stepping" may be slow motion (even by my standards), but it worked! I shot right-handed and was very careful and deliberate (more so than usual) to avoid making the shoulder worse. I didn't notice any problems during the match, but it's definitely a little more sore now. I think I found a new form of rehab/physical therapy!

I really liked the blind stage (thank you for taking the trouble to do it). I chose to treat it like an unknown situation, so I intentionally took a look and evaluated before I moved back behind concealment/cover of the wall of barrels and decided to draw my gun.

Overall a good night!

The drive home was not as much fun. I got on I-74 westbound from Ron Reagan Pkwy about 10:40-10:45 and shortly thereafter it was whiteout from the snowfall and seeing the road was impossible. I needed to pull over, but I couldn't see where the shoulder was and it was almost guaranteed that I would have been nailed by a semi going 70 mph even if I was on the side. I crawled to the Lebanon/Lizton exit and visibility on 39 heading to Lebanon was a lot better. When I got to Lebanon,the sky was clear and the 32 was in much better shape than 74. Took me over two hours to get home.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Blind stage was great.. Wouldn't be excited about table pickups. Need all the practice I can get from concealment and my holster.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Pickup table seemed to be the safest option for shooting support hand only. (less gun handling, more deliberate ) IDPA does it regularly for various stages and it works well. (typically a "You are cleaning your gun and..." scenarios)

I guess if we wanted to shoot support we could safely start from low ready as an alternative. I just dont want somebody rushing to switch hands on the clock and ends up fumbling and dropping their pistol resulting in a DQ. (or worse :stretcher: )

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    If you've never been a match director it's hard to appreciate the accomplishment of running 26 Shooters through 7 stages in 2 bays in the time Coach does it. Kudos.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Pickup table seemed to be the safest option for shooting support hand only. (less gun handling, more deliberate ) IDPA does it regularly for various stages and it works well. (typically a "You are cleaning your gun and..." scenarios)

I guess if we wanted to shoot support we could safely start from low ready as an alternative. I just dont want somebody rushing to switch hands on the clock and ends up fumbling and dropping their pistol resulting in a DQ. (or worse :stretcher: )

Transitioning from both hands or SHO to WHO is a skill we should all have. As with anything, be safe and don’t try to go faster than you are able.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The blind stage was awesome. You built a room clearing exercise out of tarps on an indoor range. Outstanding!

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I enjoyed the match a lot, it is a nice to change things up from the regular USPSA matches and run my carry gun and gear.

Blind stage was great

I would recommend that guns have to be loaded to capacity, on the 6 reload 6 stages there were some that downloaded their magazines
    You would not have a downloaded magazine in your carry gun, you shouldn't here.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I enjoyed the match a lot, it is a nice to change things up from the regular USPSA matches and run my carry gun and gear.

Blind stage was great

I would recommend that guns have to be loaded to capacity, on the 6 reload 6 stages there were some that downloaded their magazines

I agree. Though it did send them to slide lock. I'm not sure it's an advantage.

Coach does like some cheaters though

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Blind stage was great

Coach wanted everyone to be on a somewhat level playing field whether full size or BUG (J frames notwithstanding :): ) purely for scoring purposes without having eleventy seven different categories. He also wants to force us to practice reloads.

I dont mind. Especially since many of the stages are a low round count. Its a nice change.

Top Bottom