• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbarker

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    SE Indiana
    What kind of handgun do you carry with you when you are just walking or hiking in the woods? Auto or revolver? Caliber? I thought there was a governor that carried a LCP and shot a coyote with it while walking with his granddaughter.

Last edited:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Yep, why wouldn't I? I don't want Bambi mauling me.

Seriously, I don't get into the woods much, but I still carry. Copperheads are more of an issue than Coyotes, though. Deer and Turkey usually don't bother me.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Depending on the season, I almost always have my LCP in my pocket, and either my 1911 or Glock 26 with me, if deer season is in, my Superblackhawk will come along for the walk.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Oh... what KIND of gun.

Springfield XD40DC. Same one I carry the rest of the time. I may switch holsters, but I don't switch guns.

My uncle used to backpack, and carried a snub-nosed .38 Special. Mostly for 4-legged critters, but you never know.

Only once have I had an animal problem in the woods. That was a stray dog. Everything else (snakes, coyotes, bears) didn't need a gun, just a bit of caution and we went our separate ways. Even the stray just needed a walking stick to the rump, and he ran off.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    For me it is the same gun that is always on me. G27 and maybe a BUG or two. As far as my carry gun I do not mix it up very much at all.

Top Bottom