• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Used to always be a Kahr PM40. Here recently I have been carrying a glock 27 for the added rounds. In Indiana .40 S&W should get me out of any jam should I ever get into one. Tried to carry a S&W .44 3" revolver but it would just get two heavy after a while. Carried a 329pd Smith also but it seemed to big so ended up with what fit me comfortably for a long day hall.

Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    handgun in woods

What kind of handgun do you carry with you when you are just walking or hiking in the woods? Auto or revolver? Caliber? I thought there was a governor that carried a LCP and shot a coyote with it while walking with his granddaughter.

a lcp will fit nicely in your pocket for your journeys

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I open carry a 686 2.5" when I hunt on public ground. I like the 686 because with the stainless,it's no big deal if it gets a little scratched up. I figure a .357 is plenty to deal with anything threatining I'll meet in Indiana, whether it has 2 legs or 4. Also with the revolver, I can load the first chamber with snake shot and not have to worry about it cycling as I would with an automatic.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Smith & Wesson 1066 10mm auto with 19 rounds of hot DoubleTap hardcast. Very effective for anything that walks on 2 legs or 4

chadc11

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Venice, FL
    I carry my SR9c with me all day, every day... That includes the woods or while fishing or whatever outdoors activity I am involved in. I actually had to use it a couple of weeks ago. It turns out cotton mouths really don't like people. They are some mean suckers.

Thinking of getting something bigger for when I go fishing. I don't know how much a 9mm is going to do to a gator if it decides I look like its next meal.

Salvation

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Hamilton Co
    Taurus PT140 Pro. Carry it everywhere really.
    Came across the remains of a possible Meth lab in a patch of woods me and some friends play paintball in from time to time. Ill walk the three acres or so before we play just in case.

Kevin

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I carry my 1911 everywhere I can. The one time I didnt have it with me is the only time I needed it and that wont happen agian. I was deer hunting with my bow and had 7 coyotes run up by me, I shot one with my bow but if I would have had my 1911 I could have probably hit atleast two, and I wouldnt have been worried about blood trailing the one I did shoot. Having to have rabies test done isnt high on my priority list, so I let it run off and die somewhere.

zombiekilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    Mt. Vernon
    Usually my glock 23 or my smith 686 4". Both have plenty of power for me. I just carry for the occasional yote and whatever crackhead might be out wondering around. You just never know.

turn n shoot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    It's according to where I am, and how discreet I want to be, but usually when I am woods walking a S&W 629 Mountain Gun. .44 mag. If I want to be more discreet a S&W 65 3" .357.

Have had occasion to use the .44 unexpectably with a pack of feral dogs in western Ind.

Tom

Top Bottom