• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Ruger GP100 4" fixed-sight, .357 mag...with an XS Sights Tritium front night sight! It's 'dead-on' POA, and I can hit just about anything I aim at with it...up to and past 35 yards! It has the older, smaller, factory rubber grips and is simply very comfortable to shoot! And you can't beat a Hornady, 158grain, JHP XTP in .357 mag while out in the woods...at not least in NE Indiana!

Last edited:

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Ruger SP101 .357 mag. It is easy to carry, small (2.25" barrel) and a good all purpose cartridge. I am not a big fan of carrying the speedloaders as they are bulky but one does what one has to do.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    One of these days I'm going to replace the S&W Model 57, .41 Magnum I had and that will be my "trail" gun but until then my M&P 45 will have to do. Besides in IN I'm more worried about two legged predators than the four legged variety. Now if I lived in CO ...

I've often thought about getting a Taurus Judge too. They're ugly but they seems like good snake guns and with 45 Colt rounds you could put down anything you'd find in the woods around here.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom