• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shunsley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Indy
    I am the youth pastor at my church and I carry every time I'm there. The majority of people don't even know I have it. But we have a whole group of guys that carry both open and concealed every service.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This church fighting business makes me glad I'm Catholic. Nationwide, there's like, 23 people under the age of 75 who still attend Mass, so I'm not that worried about getting my a** kicked too badly. Yeah, the oldsters could take me, but they have enough compassion to stop punching and kicking when I cry.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    30617080-a1af-418d-a027-847f00006433.jpg

:D

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok, so I'm kinda glad this thread was resurrected (pardon the pun). :)

The last few months, thinking about global terrorism, I've come to the conclusion that churches (and, of course, synagogues) are likely to become soft targets for islamofascists. Yes, I may be too paranoid about it, but I'm finding fewer and fewer reasons to be skeptical.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

The last few months, thinking about global terrorism, I've come to the conclusion that churches (and, of course, synagogues) are likely to become soft targets for islamofascists. Yes, I may be too paranoid about it, but I'm finding fewer and fewer reasons to be skeptical.

I'm with you, T. Lex.

Scares me every day because my wife is the Exec. Asst. to our youth pastor. Goes to our church every day to work.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN

Hey T I'm in the same "tin-foil hat" wearing paranoid group with you. My wife and I already have pre-set evacuation and outside meet up places in plan for anywhere we go on a regular basis. We even have a preset word that tells the other that we believe the @$@#$%s about to hit the fan and we're getting out right now........NO DISCUSSION JUST MOVE!

Too much maybe...........ever come into play doubtful...........care what anyone else thinks NOPE!

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    I attend a small church, and think that the odds of needing a firearm are extremely slim - But - since my default mode is to be armed, and I am fully aware that I don't have the ability to predict the future, I have no need to deviate from my default.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I carry concealed in church by request of the pastor. I had carried all Summer openly, a SP101 357, without even a sideways look. Even had a few of the older guys ask me what it was and perhaps we may meet at the range sometime which I welcomed. Never happened but it was nice to hear. As it got cooler out my pastor simply said, "Now that we'll all be wearing more clothes it should be easy for you to conceal your firearm." I told him I would have been concealing or even not carrying if he preferred and he said it isn't an issue with me but some of the "ladies" have expressed a concern. I told him I had no problem either concealing or not carrying and he said to conceal would be fins so this is what I do now and will do until Kingdom Come.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    From where I sit at church I can visually SEE 4 OC'ers (me included) and only one of them is a LEO and know for a fact where there are 4 others CCing. And one more is waiting on his Larry! I've posted before when I asked if the minister if there might be an issue I was only told that if I sit in a middle and feel the need to defend myself that I should always stay low because they'll probably be someone behind me doing the same! :smileak:

cooltools

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    I heard a story that thieves are targeting vehicles with NRA and other decals on vehicles in areas that prohibit guns thinking the firearm has been left in the vehicle. I absolutely hate leaving my gun in my truck and try to avoid it at all costs !

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I heard a story that thieves are targeting vehicles with NRA and other decals on vehicles in areas that prohibit guns thinking the firearm has been left in the vehicle. I absolutely hate leaving my gun in my truck and try to avoid it at all costs !

Don't put stickers on your vehicles. Problem solved.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I just asked God and He said it was cool.

Carried there ever since... :draw:

*EDIT* - This IS that old church carry thread. WOW!

Last edited:

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltools View Post

Don't put stickers on your vehicles. Problem solved.

You know I heard that if you have an NRA sticker on your vehicle it will be the first one shot in a carjacking!

Top Bottom