• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    This is why i avoid malls. A bunch of overpriced crap in a crowded building full of young hoodlums with no supervision. Sounds like this side of hell to me.

The last time I stepped foot in a mall was Christmas 2017 to the Fort Wayne Sears for them to refuse to honor the warranty for my tools. I was pretty delighted to hear about the building being demolished a few months later. Good riddance. Mercifully, Sears eliminated the last remaining reason for me to ever step foot into any mall for the rest of my life. I have no idea why anyone goes to those places anymore...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I go anywhere I want. :p

Me too. There is nothing to make me want to go to Castleton, or that entire northeast quadrant really. And it's nothing personal against the folks that live up that way. Just hate the traffic and traffic patterns. I always thought that the area right around the mall seemed as though some giant just threw a bunch of buildings up into the air, letting them fall at random, and then built roads around them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just saw something in WTHR's coverage of the Castleton shooting about some organization called "No Black On Black Shootings" or something like that, but I can't find anything about it on their website or on the web in general. They showed a sign with the red circle and slash over B.O.B.S.. That seemed like a positive thing... so naturally the news isn't going to make it easy to find information about it. :rolleyes:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The last time I went to a mall, it was at Keystone mall with my wife and daughter. I carried. I went around the metal detector.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The last time I stepped foot in a mall was Christmas 2017 to the Fort Wayne Sears for them to refuse to honor the warranty for my tools. ...

Same Sears store denied me a warranty on a Craftsman tool. Never entered or bought anything there again and have not bought Craftsman tools for years.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Oh holy crap dude... Brightwood?
    Yep bought into the NESCO/John Bonner rehab stuff.. still waiting to see it make it across rural. They've done some amazing rehabs on the IPS teachers village

It's ghetto but we have a vegan diner now. It's cool if your into eating my foods food.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Same Sears store denied me a warranty on a Craftsman tool. Never entered or bought anything there again and have not bought Craftsman tools for years.

My story with that interaction is actually much more frustrating and convoluted than them simply refusing to honor the warranty. The ordeal took 2 hours and I decided right then that I would only buy Craftsman from places other than Sears and I'd consider them disposable. Case in point, I had been needing some giant wrenches for years and Craftsman via eBay was actually cheaper than Harbor Freight and other China tools on Amazon. Since I needed them, but not all that often, I figured they'd survive the rest of my life without needing any support.

Since then, I've been buying stuff of higher quality when I feel it's warranted. Like used Snap On, Knipex, or new SK (all SK is 100% made in USA, btw). I'm lucky to be an older fart, but pretty much a baby in INGO years, so I don't need all that many additional hand tools most of the time. I feel bad for the guys coming up now that are broke and have to buy China tools or do without. What a bunch of bull...

Anyhow... I lost the only reason I ever had to step foot in a mall and for that I'm delighted. I also don't mourn the death of that Sears because they died to me when they started making everything in China to begin with.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    VS mannequins ....

Glenbrook, the mall some of us are talking about, is literally surrounded by strip clubs. May as well go get the real deal if that's what you're after.

I haven't been in one of those places in longer than the mall. Both are selling overpriced and undervalued wares.

Top Bottom