• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It's been a long time since I've been to a pacers game, but we got a couple free tickets from work. Do they check for weapons at the entrance now? Just curious what the procedures were.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think they still check purses and do a quick wave of the wand, but not consistently. Ankle holster might get through. I walked right in a couple of years ago. Just handed my ticket to the gal.

Bring a good book to read. This is the Pacers, after all....

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I carried a flintlock musket into a Pacers game. Only question asked was whether I had removed the firing pin.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Last time I was at Conseco for a pacers game (about three weeks ago) I was not wanded or patted down. I was however, forced to pull my pant legs up to about mid calf.

Maybe I just looked like the ankle holster type.

My EDC was locked in a vehicle so there were no issues.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I was there on Wednesday......left the gun in the car because I thought they wanded, I had club level seats, all I had to do was open my jacket up....EASILY could have carried IWB...ticked off I left it in the car.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    How on earth did you conceal that? :D

I assume this was for a pre-game or halftime show?
    Color Guard for the National Anthem. Muskets were in canvas bags, same as the flags. Security checked one flag bag and waved the rest through. I had to declare I was carrying a musket, otherwise no one would have known.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I have worked security at Conseco and the house rule is no weapons. We do not know what level of search is going to be in place for each event. Sometimes it is a visual check, sometimes it is a higher level where a certain percentage of people get searched, sometimes everyone gets wanded and or pat down. If you choose to carry and are "caught" you will be asked to return it to your vehicle or leave the premises. If you refuse you can be aressted for trespassing by the LEOs on duty.

skseifert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Boggstown
    I think they still check purses and do a quick wave of the wand, but not consistently. Ankle holster might get through. I walked right in a couple of years ago. Just handed my ticket to the gal.

Bring a good book to read. This is the Pacers, after all....

Last time I went (free tickets - I wouldn't pay to see them play) they had everyone lift their pantlegs.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I was there on Wednesday......left the gun in the car because I thought they wanded, I had club level seats, all I had to do was open my jacket up....EASILY could have carried IWB...ticked off I left it in the car.

You left a gun in your car while it was parked downtown????!!

I work downtown, and several times a week I see cars that have been broken into. Please, do NOT arm the thugs!

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY
    When we went, they searched my wife's purse, everybody got wanded (yes, even my 10 y/o daughter) and was required to pull their pantslegs above the ankle. I was wearing my 8" Bates boots, which made the "above the ankle" bit pointless since I was not required to pull my pantlegs up high enough to reveal my boot knife.

I had my G23 in a Raven concealment holster and their wanding did not detect it.

Wherever we go, we go armed.

YMMV

zcsmith464

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Noblesville
    I am planning on going to a game and IWB carrying a p3at with a pocket clip... we will see if I get stopped. Worst case I get asked to leave; not that big of a deal, it is the Pacers after all.

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    I am planning on going to a game and IWB carrying a p3at with a pocket clip... we will see if I get stopped. Worst case I get asked to leave; not that big of a deal, it is the Pacers after all.

I work there part time. The inspection varies from event to event depending on the type of event, to the weather, to the expected crowd. Some times they do a full wanding of everyone and sometimes it is random. There are times when they do a full wanding and ask employes to empty their pockets as well, but that isn't normal. It just happenes.

In other words you need to be prepared to be wanded wether it happens or not. They won't allow guns in the building unless you are LEO.

Not telling you not to carry but if you are wanded you need to be ready to take it elsware.

Just FYI.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co

heck you need something bigger than that just to be even with what the players are packin! ;)

Top Bottom