Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Well, I guess this will be completely out of line, but Conseco says
    "NO FIREARMS".
    Can't you respect that?
    If it bugs you, don't go.
    Better yet, why do you wanna push it? You wanna be a big man and push firearms laws?
    Go OC in Illinois you stud, you.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    "NO FIREARMS".
    Can't you respect that?
    Better yet, why do you wanna push it? You wanna be a big man and push firearms laws?

I didn't know that when we went a couple weeks ago. They had my wife open her purse and I just walked right through wearing a Chavy camo ball cap and a heavy camo coat.:n00b: CC my G27.

Guess they thought she was more to be likely carrying.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    "NO FIREARMS".
    Can't you respect that?

That is out of line... you imply people here are violating the law. It is NOT ILLEGAL to carry in Conseco Fieldhouse. It is merely in violation of their rules. If you get caught with a weapon, you will simply be asked to leave.

Nobody is "pushing firearms laws".

Carrying a firearm in Illinois ILLEGAL.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to take my family downtown at night without a way to protect them.

Mr.Strato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    LOVE to see a man protecting his family!
    Tell me, do you prompt the kiddies before you go in?
    "Daddy's got a gun, but we're not gonna tell the man at the door when he asks...it's just a little lie".
    My, MY, OH MY!
    Why? Why do you wanna push it? They don't want you to buy a ticket if you feel you need to bring a gun. Don't you get that? They wand you, they look up your pants leg, they look in your wife's purse. And you spew:
    "If they catch me all they can do is ask me to leave!"
    Well, good luck! Some guy with a badge and arrest powers COULD say:
    "I asked him to leave and he refused" after he spots your piece- and WHAM- your in jail! Yeah, he'd be lying- but who started it?
    Hope your wife has a safe trip back to the car...

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    "Daddy's got a gun, but we're not gonna tell the man at the door when he asks...it's just a little lie".
    My, MY, OH MY!
    Why? Why do you wanna push it? They don't want you to buy a ticket if you feel you need to bring a gun. Don't you get that? They wand you, they look up your pants leg, they look in your wife's purse. And you spew:
    "I asked him to leave and he refused" after he spots your piece- and WHAM- your in jail! Yeah, he'd be lying- but who started it?

I think your attack on the parenting skills of those who choose to protect their families is uncalled for.

Do you carry a gun? Guess what, MOST places have an official policy of NO GUNS. If you do carry, I guess you don't go many places.

As for the "OH NOES! You's gonna git arrested" rhetoric, its hard to claim the person wouldn't leave when they are currently walking out the door.

oh yeah... my wife can take care of herself just fine. She also carries and has partaken in plenty of defensive gunfighting training.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    My, MY, OH MY!

Don't tell me your DREDD. Sure sound like him.

My 5 year old son was holding my hand as we walked past the security at Conseco, with me CC. Does that make me a bad parent to you even though he didn't know I was carrying and I didn't lie to anyone there.

Should I have stepped back to the guard as he was looking in my wives purse and said " excuse me sir I am a LTCH holder CC a G27 is that OK with you?" Hell no I got through and would have been able to protect my family if needed.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    If I wanted to make my pistol everybody's business, I would strap it to my hip. If you bother concealing your weapon, I would think you would teach your kids not to tell anyone ever. Or perhaps not even tell your kids. :dunno:
    My, MY, OH MY!
    I smuggle milk duds into the movie too! I know it is against "the rules" to do so, but I am not going to grant them the right to make me pay $4 for milk duds!

Last edited:

SandHill84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Camby/Mooresville area
    I've worked in downtown Indy for 14+ years. I've never felt need to OC. One, I'd get fired by my employer but I'm also smart enough to know when to be down there & when to leave. Been to lots of pacers ganes and never fel unsafe (although I keep pepper spray handy). I know news reports show the occasional shooting but I honestly feel safer downtown than I do when I go fishing, hiking oir hunting at one of the state parks; especially if I'm on vacation and want to do some fishing or hiking, etc. in middle of week when CO's aren't out as much.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I've worked in downtown Indy for 14+ years. I've never felt need to OC. One, I'd get fired by my employer but I'm also smart enough to know when to be down there & when to leave. Been to lots of pacers ganes and never fel unsafe (although I keep pepper spray handy). I know news reports show the occasional shooting but I honestly feel safer downtown than I do when I go fishing, hiking oir hunting at one of the state parks; especially if I'm on vacation and want to do some fishing or hiking, etc. in middle of week when CO's aren't out as much.

Carrying is a person's choice. If you feel your odds of being fired by carrying to work is greater than finding yourself in danger and you don't feel the benefit is worth the risk... by all means don't carry. If you don't feel the risk of being asked to leave and possibly not getting to see the game is not worth it... don't carry.

However I would always look at the risk/benefit ratio and not just whether or not you FEEL SAFE. I live in Zionsville and FEEL SAFE pretty much everywhere, but I still carry. Because you never know when trouble might find you. That woman who got robbed and beaten in Nora didn't feel unsafe going to the grocery store at 7am... but trouble still found her.

Either way, I would never criticize someone for carrying as long as they are abiding by the law and not LOOKING to stir up trouble.

Top Bottom