• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I was just on another on another part of this site and was reading about firearms and work,this brought up the question that if you all won,t go to a dentist that won,t let you carry or you are willing to change doctors ect...does this mean that you would quit your job if your employer does not allow firearms on company property............Just saying I,m pretty sure that there are more people kill at the workplace than at the dentist

My money which means I can choose which dentist earns my business. If I don't like the way the dentist handles their business, I take my business elsewhere.

Employer's money means they can choose who to employ to do their work. If they don't like how I perform the job, they can find someone else to do the work. Also, if I don't play by their rules, they can fire me.

Two entirely different situations.

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    1363713376_9a0fee6c20.jpg

Sounds like you're just an anti-dentite.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    If i have to carry a gun into my dentist office i think i would find a different dentist...

But what if you wake up from anesthesia like the guy on "The Walking Dead" and everyone has been turned into Zombies ? Sure would be nice to have a gun tucked away in your pants .

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It just might. When we had a shooting at my work 2 years ago it happened in our gated parking lot. For some reason I wasn't there, but if I had been, well who knows. I would have been close, very close.

And had it been in your car, you would have had to get the door open, get to wherever it was, retrieve it, turn to the threat, and then, if the threat still existed, proceed as needed. Alternatively, if it was where it belonged, on your person, you would have had merely to draw, present, and fire.

I hope to never have to shoot in self-defense, but if I'm going to have to be that close to a shooting, I want to be able to draw as quickly as possible.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    My Dentist knows that my right hand is laying on the pistol in my right front pocket while he is working on me. He says it keeps him aware to not hurt me.

Keeps us even....:):

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I always carry when going to the dentist w/no problem.

I carry to my family doctor too as he knows I carry and we've talked about it. Doc says he'd like to get a firearm for personal protection as he sees a lot on nutjobs from time to time.

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    If i have to carry a gun into my dentist office i think i would find a different dentist...

I think you are missing the entire point of this site and the beauty of the 2nd Amendment. We carry because we can, it is our right, we love firearms, and the sport of shooting. We believe we should have every right to defend ourselves and our loved ones at a moments notice. I personally feel that the places you feel the safest are the places that make you the most relaxed an in turn the most at risk.

I carry a gun wherever I go that is allowed by law. This includes dentist, doctor, grocery store, movie theatre etc etc.

Besides, dentists have weapons...why shouldn't I?

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I really dont think that is the point here. Why go through having to disarma and leave your gun in the car if you don't have to I think is what the point is here. I don't think he is in fear of his life from the dentist.
    :dunno:

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Last time I went, I noticed a pic of the hygienist and her husband. He was wearing class A's, a green beret, and had this patch on the shoulder.
    sf.jpg

She had another picture of him in some sandy country with all his goodies. I told her to thank him for his service and commented on his various awards and insignia. She made some comment about him maybe looking like a badass, but he was afraid of her. I lol'd and chose to be on my best behavior regardless of whether I was carrying.

Top Bottom