www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, I wouldnt call her EVIL.

She did great work. But the shortcomings listed I believe would prevent sainthood IMHO A saint would boil the water and at least TRY to sanitize the needles, Not make people suffer so they understood faith more (or whatever she was doing), etc.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yeah, I wouldnt call her EVIL.

She did great work. But the shortcomings listed I believe would prevent sainthood IMHO A saint would boil the water and at least TRY to sanitize the needles, Not make people suffer so they understood faith more (or whatever she was doing), etc.
    I toss this question to you, millions upon millions were donated to MT's Order.
    Why on earth did she just not spend the astronomical amount of money she had available to her on what equipment and consumable supplys they needed.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Just an example of more and more christian persecution that is being exposed daily along with the hollow arguments that accompany it and sometimes support it (in very weird ways).

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Yes. They used to be easily identified by an St. prefix before their name.
    The title saint is applied to all born again believers.

Not some special elite group.

It’s comforting to know that the same price that was paid for my salvation was the same blood shed for kings, “saints,” and the elite.

We’re all on a level playing field with God.

Sinners in need of salvation by grace through faith in Christ’s shed blood on the cross as payment for our sins.

To create a hierarchy or a group that is more “saintly” is straight out of Animal Farm.

As is the Catholic church’s amalgamation with the State back in the 4th Century.

I don’t think there’s ever been a saved Pope, by the Biblical standard.

They have been as bad as modern day liberals at changing the definition of words to suit their doctrine over the centuries.

What does Grace mean to a Catholic?

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    The title saint is applied to all born again believers.

Not some special elite group.

It’s comforting to know that the same price that was paid for my salvation was the same blood shed for kings, “saints,” and the elite.

We’re all on a level playing field with God.

Sinners in need of salvation by grace through faith in Christ’s shed blood on the cross as payment for our sins.

To create a hierarchy or a group that is more “saintly” is straight out of Animal Farm.

As is the Catholic church’s amalgamation with the State back in the 4th Century.

I don’t think there’s ever been a saved Pope, by the Biblical standard.

They have been as bad as modern day liberals at changing the definition of words to suit their doctrine over the centuries.

What does Grace mean to a Catholic?
    Oh, boy. Not sure where to start with this because you've hit on many things. I'll just start in good faith by answering your question.

The topic of grace is a big one, but simply put, it is God's supernatural gift to us for our eternal salvation.

For a longer brief explanation, see the following:

10 Q. What is grace?
    A. Grace is an inward and supernatural gift given to us without any merit of our own, but through the merits of Jesus Christ in order to gain eternal life.

11 Q. How is grace distinguished?
    A. Grace is divided into sanctifying grace, which is also called habitual grace, and actual grace.

12 Q. What is sanctifying grace?
    A. Sanctifying grace is a supernatural gift inherent in our soul, and rendering us just, adopted children of God and heirs to Paradise.

13 Q. How many kinds of sanctifying grace are there?
    A. Sanctifying grace is of two kinds: first grace and second grace.

14 Q. What is first grace?
    A. First grace is that by means of which one passes from the state of mortal sin to the state of justice.

15 Q. And what is second grace?
    A. Second grace is an increase of first grace.

16 Q. What is actual grace?
    A. Actual grace is a supernatural gift which enlightens the mind, moves and strengthens the will in order to enable us to do good and avoid evil.

17 Q. Can we resist the grace of God?
    A. Yes, we can resist the grace of God because it does not destroy our free will.

18 Q. By the aid of our own powers alone can we do anything available to life eternal?
    A. Without the help of the grace of God, and by our own powers alone, we cannot do anything helpful to life everlasting.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Simple solution is to not “hire” anyone. Make it clear they are volunteers that receive monetary donations from grateful church members. Then employment laws do not apply.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Oh, boy. Not sure where to start with this because you've hit on many things. I'll just start in good faith by answering your question.

The topic of grace is a big one, but simply put, it is God's supernatural gift to us for our eternal salvation.

For a longer brief explanation, see the following:

10 Q. What is grace?
    A. Grace is an inward and supernatural gift given to us without any merit of our own, but through the merits of Jesus Christ in order to gain eternal life.

11 Q. How is grace distinguished?
    A. Grace is divided into sanctifying grace, which is also called habitual grace, and actual grace.

12 Q. What is sanctifying grace?
    A. Sanctifying grace is a supernatural gift inherent in our soul, and rendering us just, adopted children of God and heirs to Paradise.

13 Q. How many kinds of sanctifying grace are there?
    A. Sanctifying grace is of two kinds: first grace and second grace.

14 Q. What is first grace?
    A. First grace is that by means of which one passes from the state of mortal sin to the state of justice.

15 Q. And what is second grace?
    A. Second grace is an increase of first grace.

16 Q. What is actual grace?
    A. Actual grace is a supernatural gift which enlightens the mind, moves and strengthens the will in order to enable us to do good and avoid evil.

17 Q. Can we resist the grace of God?
    A. Yes, we can resist the grace of God because it does not destroy our free will.

18 Q. By the aid of our own powers alone can we do anything available to life eternal?
    A. Without the help of the grace of God, and by our own powers alone, we cannot do anything helpful to life everlasting.
    Well, I appreciate the copy and paste from the catechism.

And I believe you made my point.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    What was your point again?

You lost me at saying you don't think any pope has ever been saved. You do realize that the first several popes were martyred, meaning they literally died for professing the Christian faith, right?
    Only if you consider Peter a pope lol.

Can’t posthumously declare someone a Pope and then claim their beliefs for your own…

Well, I would think that would be understood, but it’s been happening for almost 1600 years.

But my point was that Catholics have redefined words of the Bible to agree with their doctrine.

(We get on liberals for doing this…)

The copy and paste from the previous poster showed 3-4 different definitions for Grace.

Who decides which one of those definitions you use when reading verses like Eph 2:8-9?

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Is this talking about sanctifying Grace, habitual grace, or actual grace?

Again, who makes that determination?

And who determined that there were all these different types and definitions for Grace?

Catholics have redefined words for their own doctrine and turned it into its own religion.

It is not biblical Christianity.

You can’t add works (baptism, sacraments, Eucharist) to “Grace” and define that as salvation, when salvation is literally defined as NOT being by any works…lest any man should boast.

Grace is the graciousness of God. Unmerited favor. Getting what you don’t deserve for free.

That grace enables the ability of men to have faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ as payment for their sins is the Gospel.

Having faith in that is what saves you.

Adding anything to that would make it a false gospel.

Every religion in the world is a works based religion.

Do this, be good, follow these rules, and if you’re good enough, you’ll be saved.

Makes sense. Sounds fair. Is completely wrong.

God is just. He said the payment for sin is a blood sacrifice and faith/belief is the only vehicle to attain the righteousness necessary to not go to Hell, which is where we would all go if God was fair.

Problem is a Catholic would probably agree with that.

But what is your definition of faith?

Could that word’s definition have been changed to suit catholic dogma?

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Well, I appreciate the copy and paste from the catechism.

And I believe you made my point.
    Which point, sir?

Edited to add: Looks like you answered that question in response to someone else.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt one more time. It seems like you're proposing that the Catholic Church has redefined words of Holy Writ in order to fit its agenda and your evidence for that is the clarification of the doctrine on grace? Am I reading you correctly?

Last edited:

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Added and changed definitions to biblical words to suit catholic dogma.
    It seems like you're proposing that the Catholic Church has redefined words of Holy Writ in order to fit its dogma and your evidence for that is the clarification of the doctrine on grace? Am I reading you correctly?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom