• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I have straight talk. My wife and I both have iPhones. We pay about $90 a month. I was able to take advantage of a deal they had for using auto refill. Knocked us both down to $45 each including tax.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Project Fi has worked very well for me.

Buy a refurbished Nexus 6 from a reputable place (found mine on Amazon), get a free sim card from Google, then activate the cheapest option. $20 for unlimited talk and text, plus $10 for each GB of data you might use. Here's the thing if you don't use any data: you get credited back any unused data. I've had bills some months that were free. Lately I've been traveling so data use has been up. But when I'm home, no need for data use.

Check it out, you'll dig it.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    So just got off with AT&T and the lady was very nice and told her "higher up" about my problem and got me a $20 credit I'll be getting a call back in a few days they are going to look over this bill she said, so I hope this can get fixed,

86 AT&T. ANYBODY else is better. I will NEVER, EVER, give AT&T another dime of my money.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Sprint. I pay around $300 a month. Have 3 phones and 4 tablets. The tablets cost $40 a month. Have 40 gig a month. Then 2g after that. We dont go iver the 40 gig.

Sprint has been good to me, I have the same amount of devices. Our bills are close to the same. $281 and some change for 2 tablets and 5 phones. I think 2 of the devices are still under contract. I share data across all the devices and never reach the limit.

I have had just about all the carriers at point point or another over the years. Sprint has the best plan for multiple devices and the data amount I use. Plus the phones work where I travel and when I have an issue they seem to bend over backwards to straighten it out. I have gotten several free phones just to keep me as a customer. I have been with them about 8 years now.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I use straight talk. $45/mo unlimited everything. You can keep your old phone and just swap out the simple card.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Verizon - unlimited everything for $45/month.

Need to read the fine print on that one... I have Verizon and looked at it briefly, but not doing it for now. And I understand you have to give up any employer discounts on this plan as well...

https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/verizon-plan/#plan-details

1 line
    for $80

Per month. Plus taxes & fees.
    Plan breakdown

• $65
      per month for unlimited data
    • $20
      smartphone line access fee
    • $5
      Auto Pay & paper-free billing discount

2 lines
    $70/line
    for $140

Plan breakdown

• $110
    • $40
      $20 line access fee for 2 smartphones
    • $10

3 lines
    $54/line
    for $160

Plan breakdown

• $110
    • $60
      $20 line access fee for 3 smartphones
    • $10
      Auto Pay & paper-free billing discoun

4 lines
    $45/line
    for $180

Plan breakdown

• $110
    • $80
      $20 line access fee for 4 smartphones
    • $10

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Verizon has a prepay that is $30 a month for a basic phone like a flip phone....that's what I have cause I am cheap.

They also have a prepay plan that is $45 for the smart phones with unlimited everything.

My bill before I switched to prepay was $143 a month for two old flip phones with just calling and texting.

Now, with taxes, it is $66

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    ATT Go Phone here. Flip Phone. $25 worth of minutes/texts expire after 3 months (so just over $8 / mo). Seldom use all $25 worth, unless travelling.

More bullet $ for me :)

-rvb

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I run an ATT GoPhone pay per month also. Smart phone plan w/unlimited minutes/txt. Had to move to the 8 gig data tier to "watch" video on the road. :rolleyes: $60 - 10% if paid through Airtime Buyers Club. No taxes of BS fed phone line charges.

ATT is supposedly coming out with new data streaming technology that will trim data usage. I hoping to move back to the $45 -10% plan.

Top Bottom