• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    What is with all the censored out words?
    I'm tired of seeing @$$.
    if you aren't going to use profanity, use a completely different word. stop just censoring it, we all know what it means. it is just annoying.
    If your intelligence is that low and you have horrible diction, just ask someone i'm sure they can help.

while we are on the subject:
    there, they're, their
    knew, new
    our, are
    two, too
    you're, your

those are all different words with different meanings. use the correct one

i know this is a forum, but let's at least make it so we can understand each other and stop trying to actively kill the english lanuage.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Technically, we aren't allowed to self censor. We are supposed to type the word out and let the language filter do it's job. Ass is allowed but **** isn't.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    If you see **** it's the Forum's filter doing it. Stuff like @$$ are self filtering(but as Rookie pointed out, that is frowned upon too) because profanity can lead to Infractions, or possibly banishment as the Owner wants a family friendly site..

As for the grammar butchering, I agree :D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Cool story, bro.

BTW, sentences are supposed to start with capital letters and "English" should be capitalized even in the middle of a sentence. File those in your grammar folder while you're at it.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    grammarpolice.png

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I agree with the grammar stuff.
    It always bothers me to see some threads written with so many mistakes.Sometimes it's even hard to understand some sentences because of that.
    Since im not an English native speaker I have to double check all my posts, and spell check some words to make sure that I do not make too many mistakes.
    I do it by respect for the English language and I would imagine that most native speakers would do the same for their own native language.
    But I guess some native speakers on here dont even do that.That or they just dont care about other people being able to read them or they just dont know how to write proper english all together.
    That being said we can all make mistakes and im sure I do a lot, even more than most of you (especially when I write posts like this one so late at night) but I still do my best to spell check my posts.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    What is with all the censored out words?
    I'm tired of seeing @$$.
    if you aren't going to use profanity, use a completely different word. stop just censoring it, we all know what it means. it is just annoying.
    If your intelligence is that low and you have horrible diction, just ask someone i'm sure they can help.

while we are on the subject:
    there, they're, their
    knew, new
    our, are
    two, too
    you're, your

those are all different words with different meanings. use the correct one

i know this is a forum, but let's at least make it so we can understand each other and stop trying to actively kill the english lanuage.

Sentence structure: fail

Trolling power: C-

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I use the grammar, spelling, and word choices of posters to judge their intelligence, attention to detail, and the worth of their opinions.
    Passionate language and spellings which are close, but wrong, don't detract much from my opinion of the writer, but, if I'm struggling to decipher what they're trying to say, "I jist done don pey no tenshun nohow to ta them 4 flushin flat-tailers."

:twocents:

Top Bottom