• ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    You should have it Tennifer'd... :whistle:

It already has been. Melonite and Tenifer are different trade names for more or less the same ferritic nitrocarburizing process. IIRC, "Melonite" is the trade name used by the America company...Burlington, I think? and "Tenifer" is the german company's trade name for it.

The black finish on the Glock isn't actually tenifer. It's parkerizing over a tenifer treated piece of metal. It's pretty neat, because you can wear a Glock slide through the park coating so that it looks like raw metal, but the tenifer is still there protecting it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It already has been. Melonite and Tenifer are different trade names for more or less the same ferritic nitrocarburizing process. IIRC, "Melonite" is the trade name used by the America company...Burlington, I think? and "Tenifer" is the german company's trade name for it.

The black finish on the Glock isn't actually tenifer. It's parkerizing over a tenifer treated piece of metal. It's pretty neat, because you can wear a Glock slide through the park coating so that it looks like raw metal, but the tenifer is still there protecting it.

I was HOPING for a GFB (Glock Fan Boy) to nod in agreement. :whistle:

Yes, it IS the same exact thing, just different trade names for differing geographies.

It never fails to crack me up with some GFB says that Tennifer > Melonite. :laugh::laugh:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I was HOPING for a GFB (Glock Fan Boy) to nod in agreement. :whistle:

Yes, it IS the same exact thing, just different trade names for differing geographies.

It never fails to crack me up with some GFB says that Tennifer > Melonite. :laugh::laugh:

:laugh:

FTR, I do think that Glocks parkerizing "top coat" is more durable than S&Ws bluing "top coat"

o Mr Cadillac o

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Greenwood
    Duracoat can also be baked to speed up the cure time. FYI. Or wait 3 to 4 weeks for a full cure. They sell cheap air brushes that will do the trick for duracoat.( Harbor Freight or United Art's and Education, Hobby Lobby) order Duracoat online 16.95 for around 4oz. 1 oz Hardner comes with that. 600 grit sand paper and a toaster oven and you can do it yourself. (Toaster oven if its a pistol) I have done a couple duracoat's never Ceracoated yet but Duracoat seems pretty durable to me. But then again I'm nice to my firearms!

Top Bottom