• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Froot Loops, Cheerios, Raisin Bran, Miniwheats.

Left over milk gets more cereal.

Lilbear0880

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2020
    Lebanon
    Dont do cereal anymore, but man I have a coca pebbles protein drink I do daily and that is the cats a$$. So good.

Just like the childhood days of drinking the milk out the bowl!

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Bran Flakes mixed with Wheat Chex. I don't know how you guys can eat that sugary stuff, but more power to you.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    ...snip...
    Grossest thing I’ve ever seen was a roommate years ago used water because we didn’t have any milk. He said it was fine and he’s done it before. No thanks, I’ll have scrambled eggs instead.

I did that often enough as a kid (early 70s). Not that we were poor folk, more just cause it was a really, really long way to the store. Once a month shopping trips, and if something ran out ya made do til next time. It is not as bad as it sounds. Definitely better than lemonade!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Now the discussion on type of milk. :runaway:

I prefer 2% and my wife likes skim (yuck) so we end up with 1% unless I go to the store by myself then I buy 2%.

I can also do Soy or Almond if its vanilla flavored.

Lilbear0880

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2020
    Lebanon
    Three different people three different milks in this house. Whole for the kid drinking out the bottle, almond for the wife and skim for me...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I usually drink skim. I don't know when I switched over from 2%. Occasionally I'll get 1% or even 2% at Aldi, depending on the expiration dates. 2% is okay but it's a little richer than I prefer. Whole milk feels like I'm drinking heavy cream now. Never tried almond milk and I refuse to even try soy milk, because well, I'm a guy. :p

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The milk is definitely the best part. It gets a nice flavor from the cereal.

Grossest thing I’ve ever seen was a roommate years ago used water because we didn’t have any milk. He said it was fine and he’s done it before. No thanks, I’ll have scrambled eggs instead.
    when I was a kid (in the ‘70s) the cartons looked the same, so I accidentally poured orange juice on my Cap’n Crunch. I couldn’t waste it.... and it actually wasn’t bad at all.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Are people who don't breakfast with eggs, browned bread, taters and fried meat being allowed to vote now?
    Jeeze oh Pete where's my cryo-freeze cocoon.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Are people who don't breakfast with eggs, browned bread, taters and fried meat being allowed to vote now?

Im all about and omelette with the farm fresh eggs from my daughter with a heaping amount of fresh Hot Salsa me and Mrs Glueman made this year. That’s a treat instead of the normal cereal morning due to time constraints.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I do all that, minus the potatoes, most every morning.

But speaking of potatoes, I miss making my breakfast casserole.

Fry 1 lb. bacon, cut into 1" pieces (crisp)
    Slice potatoes 1/8" - 1/4" thick (you're going to want enough to cover the bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish at least 2 slices thick, so judge accordingly). 1 medium onion diced 1/4". Fry the potatoes and onions in bacon grease until potatoes and onions are browned.

While that is cooking, fry 1 lb. breakfast sausage of your choice, and make a batch of sausage gravy. 1 lb. sausage should make about a quart and a half to 2 quarts at the most, and I add 2/3 stick of butter to the sausage grease and add an equal amount of flour for my roux - you want a thick gravy.

Once the potatoes and gravy are done, scramble 8 eggs. Leave them a little "loose" because they'll finish cooking when the casserole is baked.

Assembly:
    In a greased (or cooking sprayed) 13x9 glass baking dish, layer the fried potatoes and onions in the bottom. Cover the potatoes and onions with sausage gravy - enough for it to be about 1" deep). Crumble the bacon over the sausage gravy. Spread the scrambled eggs over the bacon. Cover the eggs with a layer of your favorite shredded cheese - I use sharp cheddar, but you can use colby, cojack, jack, whatever. Bake at 350* for about half an hour or until the cheese is hot and bubbly and just starting to brown around the edges. Enjoy.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010

Slice potatoes 1/8" - 1/4" thick (you're going to want enough to cover the bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish at least 2 slices thick, so judge accordingly). 1 medium onion diced 1/4". Fry the potatoes and onions in bacon grease until potatoes and onions are browned.

While that is cooking, fry 1 lb. breakfast sausage of your choice, and make a batch of sausage gravy. 1 lb. sausage should make about a quart and a half to 2 quarts at the most, and I add 2/3 stick of butter to the sausage grease and add an equal amount of flour for my roux - you want a thick gravy.

Once the potatoes and gravy are done, scramble 8 eggs. Leave them a little "loose" because they'll finish cooking when the casserole is baked.

Assembly:
    In a greased (or cooking sprayed) 13x9 glass baking dish, layer the fried potatoes and onions in the bottom. Cover the potatoes and onions with sausage gravy - enough for it to be about 1" deep). Crumble the bacon over the sausage gravy. Spread the scrambled eggs over the bacon. Cover the eggs with a layer of your favorite shredded cheese - I use sharp cheddar, but you can use colby, cojack, jack, whatever. Bake at 350* for about half an hour or until the cheese is hot and bubbly and just starting to brown around the edges. Enjoy.

I'll only be 65 this year. Will you adopt me?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    The next pineapple pizza debate. Which goes in first, cereal or milk?

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tv4dMbOTCgg[/video]

That dude is crazy!
    1) for wearing a Gators shirt
    2) The first bowl get the cereal first. You get more cereal that way. Milk first makes the cereal float.
    3) second bowl gets cereal added to the remaining Milk. More milk might need to be added to get the correct ratio of cereal to milk.
    4) Roll Tide!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

Assembly:

That sounds delicious. My wife makes a biscuits and gravy casserole when we have men’s ministry breakfast at my house. It’s a huge hit. Nothing ever left in the pans

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I eat cereal with no milk and no water. When I drank years ago, I developed a taste for corn flakes and beer. Easier to digest than b-n-g, hard fried cackleberries with taters and Irish whiskey.

Top Bottom