• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I do all that, minus the potatoes, most every morning.

But speaking of potatoes, I miss making my breakfast casserole.

Fry 1 lb. bacon, cut into 1" pieces (crisp)
    Slice potatoes 1/8" - 1/4" thick (you're going to want enough to cover the bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish at least 2 slices thick, so judge accordingly). 1 medium onion diced 1/4". Fry the potatoes and onions in bacon grease until potatoes and onions are browned.

While that is cooking, fry 1 lb. breakfast sausage of your choice, and make a batch of sausage gravy. 1 lb. sausage should make about a quart and a half to 2 quarts at the most, and I add 2/3 stick of butter to the sausage grease and add an equal amount of flour for my roux - you want a thick gravy.

Once the potatoes and gravy are done, scramble 8 eggs. Leave them a little "loose" because they'll finish cooking when the casserole is baked.

Assembly:
    In a greased (or cooking sprayed) 13x9 glass baking dish, layer the fried potatoes and onions in the bottom. Cover the potatoes and onions with sausage gravy - enough for it to be about 1" deep). Crumble the bacon over the sausage gravy. Spread the scrambled eggs over the bacon. Cover the eggs with a layer of your favorite shredded cheese - I use sharp cheddar, but you can use colby, cojack, jack, whatever. Bake at 350* for about half an hour or until the cheese is hot and bubbly and just starting to brown around the edges. Enjoy.

I'll toss this one out as a breakfast calorie bomb too. It's dang good though. It's also nice that you have to make it the night before. So in the morning you just chuck it in the oven and roll. and... watching the video again, I skip the mustard and after the first time I made it I leave the mayo out.

Also... I've liked everything I've cooked from that guy as well as all of his products that I've tried (his mesquite seasoning and chipolte relish are staples of my kitchen now).

[video=youtube;p2YLQN5Zu7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2YLQN5Zu7w[/video]

I also agree that only the mentally ill would put milk in the cereal bowl first.

Anyone wanna start a counter for when Hatin' will show up and tell us that's how he does it? That boy ain't right. ;)

HoosierNation33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2020
    Springfield
    I'll toss this one out as a breakfast calorie bomb too. It's dang good though. It's also nice that you have to make it the night before. So in the morning you just chuck it in the oven and roll. and... watching the video again, I skip the mustard and after the first time I made it I leave the mayo out.

Also... I've liked everything I've cooked from that guy as well as all of his products that I've tried (his mesquite seasoning and chipolte relish are staples of my kitchen now).

[video=youtube;p2YLQN5Zu7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2YLQN5Zu7w[/video]

I also agree that only the mentally ill would put milk in the cereal bowl first.

Anyone wanna start a counter for when Hatin' will show up and tell us that's how he does it? That boy ain't right. ;)

Cowboy Kent Rollins is a favorite around my house. Love some of that old Cookie's recipes. But as far as cereal goes... Frosted Flakes, Cereal first, milk last--I'm not a Nazi, and if it's not at least half a box's worth in a big popcorn bowl I don't even consider it a snack.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I generally don't eat cereal, but when I do it's usually oatmeal, cornmeal or grits.

I like a good oatmeal cooked up with chopped dates, figs and raisins. Seasoned with cinnamon, ginger and brown sugar. Served with a splash of cream and of course bacon.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Kellog’s raisin bran (not fond of Post’s), and more often as a late night snack vs. in the morning. No milk, just half & half instead. Cereal in the bowl first, then pour the half & half.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Don't remember the last time I ate cold cereal...been years, at least.

I used to eat (ye olde fashioned) oatmeal once a week with butter and walnuts, but I am off of all grains right now.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    My weakness is Cinnamon Grahams, and once a box is open it's gone. I now stick to oatmeal instead :):

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I picked up Honey Nut Cherries for the little guy. Raisin Bran and Frosted Mini Wheat for me. The Frosted Mini Wheat won the draw this morning before heading out the door.

dave6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Lawrence
    I know a guy that was on the SWAT team for an out of state PD, and during the service of a warrant one of the perps grabbed the muzzle of his MP-5. After a burst of 9mm showed him the error of his ways, the remainder of the burst went into the kitchen wall AND a box of Cheerios. He is still the department's Cereal Killer.

Top Bottom