• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I had an original HK claw mount for mine. I added it and 6 original steel CETME mags and 6 HK aluminum mags to the guy who bought it for a parts gun. My CETME was a one shot wonder from Century sent it in 2x they never fixed it took it to my local Smith found out someone messed the chamber up and needed a new barrel which cost more to buy and have installed than I paid for the gun. I got the lemon so thousands of others could get one that actually worked.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK-STANAG-CLAW-MOUNT-NEW-p1880.htm

Back when I bought mine around 25 years ago they cost less than half this price.

Last edited:

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    took my c308 and a dsa fal out today , little drizzly but still had fun shot out to 2 hundred yards, ran over 200 rounds thru the pair.

Curious how you would compare the FAL to the C308. Both seem like interesting rifles. Do you have a favorite between the two?

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I had an original HK claw mount for mine. I added it and 6 original steel CETME mags and 6 HK aluminum mags to the guy who bought it for a parts gun. My CETME was a one shot wonder from Century sent it in 2x they never fixed it took it to my local Smith found out someone messed the chamber up and needed a new barrel which cost more to buy and have installed than I paid for the gun. I got the lemon so thousands of others could get one that actually worked.

Back when I bought mine around 25 years ago they cost less than half this price.

That sucks! What ever became of it?

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Curious how you would compare the FAL to the C308. Both seem like interesting rifles. Do you have a favorite between the two?

They both shoot great, i run a scope on the c308 and shoot the fal with open sights, Did a comparison with both with open sights and the fal is more accurate. My son also was there and shot both and he did better with the fal also. But extra mags for the fal are expensive, c308 are cheap.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Well I for one am thankful, DadSmith! :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They both shoot great, i run a scope on the c308 and shoot the fal with open sights, Did a comparison with both with open sights and the fal is more accurate. My son also was there and shot both and he did better with the fal also. But extra mags for the fal are expensive, c308 are cheap.

I just ordered 3 HK mags a few minutes ago ($9.95 each). I haven't tried the steel CETME mags I got recently yet. Probably should have tried at least one of them yesterday. They're quite a bit heavier than the aluminum though, so I'll probably be sticking with the aluminum.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dagnabbit. What I thought was the screw for my hand guard just arrived today. It's not the right part. Couldn't really tell the scale of it on Numrich's website and it looked like it was configured right (threaded on one end, not threaded on the "head" end), but this thing is for a stock, not a hand guard. It's huge. Guess I'll try and hit the hardware store and find something that might work.

Edit: Found the correct one at Apex and ordered it. So I wait some more. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The hand guard screw just arrived a little while ago. :) I think eventually I will refinish both the hand guard and butt stock so they match, but I definitely like it better than the black poly.

gKApUtV.jpg

o2alvJj.jpg

Top Bottom