• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I am not saying he should but it would be fun seeing him as White House Press secretary....I try to imagine how the gaggle of press would react to him being behind the podium....A few heads would possibly really explode and that would be a hoot on C-Span....

IMHO....

My dad loved him and I was kind of lukewarm towards him...I do enjoy his books, at least the couple I read.....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I hardly watch Fox News anymore. OReilly was entertaining sometime but he's no conservative or libertarian, he's pretty much a populist with an ego. Hannity is like a broken record and just wears me out. Juan and Bob make The 5 almost unwatchable. Special Report's pretty good but I've fallen out of the habit of watching it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I am not saying he should but it would be fun seeing him as White House Press secretary....I try to imagine how the gaggle of press would react to him being behind the podium....A few heads would possibly really explode and that would be a hoot on C-Span....

IMHO....

My dad loved him and I was kind of lukewarm towards him...I do enjoy his books, at least the couple I read.....

I bet he'd be great at that job. With his presence and mannerisms, he'd be good at it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I bet he'd be great at that job. With his presence and mannerisms, he'd be good at it.

He was a Long Island High School history teacher....The press corps always reminds me of high school students sitting in rows in front of the teachers desk....I think it may work...I really do...Maybe that's Bill's "special purpose"....(Cue Steve Martin "The Jerk" reference...:))

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have never been a fan and only watched his show a few times years ago.
    I also know to never believe a lot of these accusations. Once the smear merchants are engaged in their attacks the situation is hopelessly muddied.

You only have to believe some of the accusations.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Yep, every right wing, right leaning news personally has a target on their back. I beleive that more then anything.

How long before some lefty digs up some dirt on Sean Spicer. He is giving lefty's apoplexy left and right, well more left. :):

Tucker Carlson and Jessy Watters have to be watching there backs at Fox too. Lots of lefty's hate them as well.

I have notise Fox hires some of the hottest and some of the smartest gals. Look at Harris Faulkner. And many of the others. Then go look at the line up at MSNBS. Woof.

If Old Billy was playing grab ass I hope he pays dearly. But if this is just a move to placate the lefty's or a smear job I feel for him.

Pays dearly, LOL He got 25 million out of the deal...

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Ordinarily, it would be easy to believe all the accusations against BO, but for the fact that Media Matters and David Brock have been on this Ahabesque mission against this particular white whale for nearly twenty years straight, and Fox News in general at least as long.
    Next up for their Stalinism are Limbaugh and Hannity, then the next, then the next, then...
    These hard leftists don't believe at all in a debate of ideas; they don't believe in anyone existing who disagrees with them; they seek to punish anyone for simple disagreement.
    In short, they want no part of a debate, a debate that they lack the intellectual and factual basis to win; so they instead seek to wipe out the opposition any way they can.
    That's why anything that these Stalinists are involved with is impossible to believe at face value.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm betting Oreilly was living on the edge. Major grey area's exist in that world I'd guess. I bet very motivated hottie's looking for airtime to advance their careers could blur some lines real quick. Then the fallout could turn brown just as quick.

Things that might have been innocent or consensual or "funny" get real touchy when they turn into millions of dollars of worth.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Just thinking, is it possible these women were playing up to him to gain advancement, then he asks them to come across and they get a dose of reality? Of course foolish for him, especially at his age to take that seriously. The saying comes to mind: "There's no fool like an old fool"

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just thinking, is it possible these women were playing up to him to gain advancement, then he asks them to come across and they get a dose of reality? Of course foolish for him, especially at his age to take that seriously. The saying comes to mind: "There's no fool like an old fool"

For what it's worth...and I know what a lot of people think of Glenn Beck's opinions...but he and Bill are good friends. They've traveled together, etc. And he's stated this week, basically, he'd be very surprised if this side of OReilly actually exists. He's stated that he's watched him in action around the job and in his dealings with him, including on the road and he's never seen anything out of him that would lead him to believe these accusations are true. I've had time to listen to a good portion of his show this week and he's spent a lot of time recalling working around OReilly and some of the tactics Roger Ailes (sp?) used to keep the Fox talent at each others' throats, etc.

It's a common thing for celebrities and high profile people to settle suits to limit their financial liabilities and the drain on their time and resources regardless of guilt.

I don't have a dog in this fight. I hardly ever watch OReilly's show anymore and that's been true for years. He's not a conservative or libertarian and frankly, his views are often in conflict with mine. But I repel at the possibility of an innocent man being treated as if he's guilty and I tend to lean towards the position that Bill is getting the shaft in all of this.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

If this is even remotely true he has shown poor judgement.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The always insightful Andrew Klavan's thoughts on this - [video=youtube;VhEeejyt9zc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhEeejyt9zc[/video]

Top Bottom