• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rarobertson33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Indianapolis
    After being stationed in NY, I had a 9 month wait from start to finish to finally get one there, we are military, when returning to Indiana, it was only a couple of weeks, if I remember correctly from start to finish. Also in NY you have to have your handgun noted on your permit, and when my dad sent it to me, it had to ship thru a dealer in NY for me to get it. Shipping and fees, etc., for any others I wanted to ad. Hope to never go back there again!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    After being stationed in NY, I had a 9 month wait from start to finish to finally get one there, we are military, when returning to Indiana, it was only a couple of weeks, if I remember correctly from start to finish. Also in NY you have to have your handgun noted on your permit, and when my dad sent it to me, it had to ship thru a dealer in NY for me to get it. Shipping and fees, etc., for any others I wanted to ad. Hope to never go back there again!

Welcome back to America! :patriot:

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Well this is handy. We just got the keys to our new house yesterday. Updating my card now. I do carry my original pink-slip wherever I go, so I'll probably go ahead and get one of the new plastic cards.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was getting my Real ID Documents ready to get a new Drivers License.
    Having an IN handgun license was on the list for establishing IN residency.
    I looked at it & noticed it had my old address from nearly 3 yrs. ago on it.
    I had changed my Drivers License when I realized that the address had to be updated when I was at Rural King trying to buy a gun.

Since my gun permit was a Lifetime, I wrongly thought it didn't need to be updated since people move, duh!
    I found this old thread & have read through it.
    Since is has been awhile since this thread started, is there an updated version of who & where to contact to start the process to get a Lifetime new card with the correct address?
    I read where that is suppose to be done in 30 days, so I imagine I'll have to jump through some hoops now?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I read where that is suppose to be done in 30 days, so I imagine I'll have to jump through some hoops now?
    No. Just contact the Indiana State Police and file a change of address, and request a new copy of the LTCH since you want to use it for that purpose. (and pay the replacement fee) Dont have to tell them how long ago, just where you moved to.

EDIT: and no matter what an ignorant raging LEO says, the card does NOT have to have the correct address on it. The only thing that must be current under the law is the ISP database.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    No. Just contact the Indiana State Police and file a change of address, and request a new copy of the LTCH since you want to use it for that purpose. (and pay the replacement fee) Dont have to tell them how long ago, just where you moved to.

EDIT: and no matter what an ignorant raging LEO says, the card does NOT have to have the correct address on it. The only thing that must be current under the law is the ISP database.
    Thanks!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I went to the website.
    First thing they want is your application number, which I don't have.
    I found a registration ID in my 6.16.2017 application, but that is not what they wanted.
    No matter how you try to get around it the first thing they want is that number?

They aren't taking manual applications
    Will probably have to call them. Have you tried the number on your pink permission slip?

Maybe a bad password? web guys (esp state contractors) are famous for crappy error codes.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    I went to the website.
    First thing they want is your application number, which I don't have.
    I found a registration ID in my 6.16.2017 application, but that is not what they wanted.
    No matter how you try to get around it the first thing they want is that number?

They aren't taking manual applications
    Message inbound

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I just updated my address. I had to create an account and use info from my pink paper slip to find me and update the address. No charge if I don't get a new card.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

Years ago Warsaw Police dept. illegally took my daughter in laws handgun at a traffic stop, it was later returned....you know officer safety and all that crap. My son was furious and went to the police station and confronted chief of police who buckled down, my son buckled back down and when he realized my son knew the laws and agreed they were in the wrong and shouldn't of takin her gun, but he was lucky they didn't arrest her because her address on the handgun permit was not her current address. Which my son said it doesn't have to be the current address, you just need to notify ISP and inform them of the change. The Officer said he was wrong! My son said pick up the phone and call ISP right now and ask them. The officer then agreed he was right.....jackwagons.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Message inbound
    Thanks sooooo much!!!
    After getting that Application number it was easy-peasy!
    I entered my Application number,
    reset my password,
    then followed the prompts to get a new card,
    then click on why (address change),
    filled out address,
    filled out credit card info,
    &
    it says it is being processed!!!
    Cost $21.42

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How do you get the application number if you've lost it?
    Thats a good question. Especially for us that have had the lifetime since it was created. It wasnt done online, and was paper based after prints were taken at my local LE office. (and they forwarded the print card, money order, etc to the ISP)

Top Bottom