Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I understand that there were some changes made regarding training at the club. Would the leadership care to inform the membership of the changes?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The word on the street is that members who take a training class will not have to pay a $10 fee just like guests or non-members. Anyone in the know care to confirm?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    No word from the leadership on this topic. The website does not show the current people in the officer positions, and that makes it difficult to know who to direct questions and comments. I am working during the next two board meetings so I cannot attend. I did receive this email from the Safety director on the topic today. The new leaders are wasting no time initiating changes.

The following changes were approved by the Marion County Fish and Game Association’s (MCFG) Board of Directors (BoD) during the January 2015 Monthly Meeting:

· As of January 6th, 2015 the clubhouse and ranges (main and bays) will be reserved for classes no more than 60 days in advance of the date of the class. Reservations must be made during a monthly meeting by submitting the dates, times and needed facilities for approval by the MCFG BoD.

· For each class conducted, a roster of student including their first and last names must be submitted along with a $10 fee per student. This fee applies to MCFG members as well as non-members who take the class. The roster along with the fee will be placed in the slot in the clubhouse entry door at the conclusion of the class.

· During the months of November, December, January, February and March the clubhouse will not be available to be reserved before 1:00PM on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Saturdays of each month.

If you have any questions, please see the MCFG Board of Directors.

Thank you for your cooperation.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    :noway: I've already paid for the privilege of using the range.

Any reason given for the change? It certainly wasn't to fund new trash cans.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    :noway: I've already paid for the privilege of using the range.

Any reason given for the change? It certainly wasn't to fund new trash cans.

I agree about the privilege. You know as much as I know.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hi guys,
    I asked the MCFG volunteer webmaster to update the Contacts page on the website to reflect the new President, Russ Combs. If you need to get in touch with someone in the meantime, your best bet is likely Mark Patterson or Steve Crowder for these issues (email addresses already on Contacts page).
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It is a slap in the face of members who have paid for the usage of the range. It happened at the January meeting and is obviously a calculated measure.

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Maybe I am reading the text wrong,
    but it seems the $10 fee is to be paid by the training provider to the club for use of the facilities.

Are there other fees for the use of the facilities?

Should there be legal or insurance concerns that for profit training businesses are utilizing the facilities
    (with or without compensation) of a not for profit organization?

Its good that there are several members who provide training at the club.
    It does not seem unreasonable for the club to be compensated for use of the facilities.

Maybe the board will consult with the attorney.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Maybe I am reading the text wrong,
    but it seems the $10 fee is to be paid by the training provider to the club for use of the facilities.

Are there other fees for the use of the facilities?

Should there be legal or insurance concerns that for profit training businesses are utilizing the facilities
    (with or without compensation) of a not for profit organization?

Its good that there are several members who provide training at the club.
    It does not seem unreasonable for the club to be compensated for use of the facilities.

Maybe the board will consult with the attorney.

Price bumps would be passed on to the client, which in this case is the member. As a trainer at this club I am a member. I carry liability insurance for training specific to MCFG. Why should a member have to pay twice for the use of the range that they have already paid for?

What we are seeing here is a change in policy from the new leadership of the club.

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    good luck with your future dealings with the board.

even the old board did not appreciate airing club issues on an open forum.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    good luck with your future dealings with the board.

even the old board did not appreciate airing club issues on an open forum.

If they don't like criticism they should make better decisions. I feel like members should be aware of these changes and if the members tolerate such decisions they deserve what they get. I for will be voting with my money and with my feet. I will not be renewing my membership not doing training nor shooting matches at MCFG. The club belongs to members not to the board.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If they don't like criticism they should make better decisions. I feel like members should be aware of these changes and if the members tolerate such decisions they deserve what they get. I for will be voting with my money and with my feet. I will not be renewing my membership not doing training nor shooting matches at MCFG. The club belongs to members not to the board.

Is this a search for more revenue streams or a chance to limit classes.
    Either one is a mistake.

Kane406

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    Speedway
    An instructor can confirm this, but I do not think there was any fee for using the building or the bays. It was a service that the
    club was providing to the membership. However, every non-member that attended the training had to pay the guest fee.

Top Bottom