• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    My friends kids had a book titled "Everyone Poops". I suppose the Cottonelle people read it and decided that everyone needs TP, no matter their sexual orientation. No big deal.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This requires precise calculations of paper thickness, one ply or two, ripples, pockets, or smooth, and length and width of the individual sheet. Then one must multiply by type of cleaning required, divide by number of sheets available, then round to the nearest [STRIKE]whole[/STRIKE] hole sheet.

FIFY... ;)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    About 8% of network TV shows have scripted LGBTQ rolls. Actual US population is around 6%. Not really that much of a difference. Perception is reality though.

Wiki sez 62% of Americans identify as Christians. Not seeing ten times as many Christian characters as gay characters. Your proportional representation theory is rejected, it's pandering to the woke

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Wiki sez 62% of Americans identify as Christians. Not seeing ten times as many Christian characters as gay characters. Your proportional representation theory is rejected, it's pandering to the woke

I would bet it changes depending upon what channels each household tends to watch.

Purple if necessary

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I guess the biggest question I have is, why is arse hygiene so critical when you're going to meet the parents? What kinds of activities are going on where you would need to be sure your sausage sheath is squeaky clean?

First date, I totally understand. You wouldn't want Wonka putting his Willie in the Chocolate Factory without cleaning up first. But meeting the parents? There's more to this relationship than just a gay couple, and I'm not comfortable with it.

I'm with you, Doug. No more Cottonelle.
    I have some mental images imprinted. Thanks a lot. BRB, checking the drop zone for tissue type.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    About 8% of network TV shows have scripted LGBTQ rolls. Actual US population is around 6%. Not really that much of a difference. Perception is reality though.
    I am dubious... 911, SWAT, Midnight TX, God Friended Me, are just some off the top of my head that I watch or did watch.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

I am dubious... 911, SWAT, Midnight TX, God Friended Me, are just some off the top of my head that I watch or did watch.

All I did was Google it, GLAAD's stats being reported on. I have no reason to doubt it.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/26...rsity-gay-bisexual-trans-media-representation

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...-characters-broadcast-tv-report-finds-n924511

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

You're assuming that all of those 62% who identify as Christians portray an outward persona that would be readily perceived as Christians. I would think that there are many American who would identify as Christian, but whose co-workers and casual acquaintances may not readily identify them as such. How would you know which TV characters are Christian, or gay for that matter?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You're assuming that all of those 62% who identify as Christians portray an outward persona that would be readily perceived as Christians. I would think that there are many American who would identify as Christian, but whose co-workers and casual acquaintances may not readily identify them as such. How would you know which TV characters are Christian, or gay for that matter?

Too which I would say that the whole 6% of real life gays likely don't act gay when not among friends. But we're talking about TV/Movies feeling the need to overpopulate their product with overtly gay characters. The stipulation is that all 8% of TV characters being gay is somehow representative of the real world, but in the real world no where near the whole 6% gay population are acting overtly gay

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I do agree with that, and I'd add that of the population of people who act overtly gay, some of those probably aren't gay(but who knows?)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Too which I would say that the whole 6% of real life gays likely don't act gay when not among friends. But we're talking about TV/Movies feeling the need to overpopulate their product with overtly gay characters. The stipulation is that all 8% of TV characters being gay is somehow representative of the real world, but in the real world no where near the whole 6% gay population are acting overtly gay

This. I consult for a company and a male couple works there. One guy I worked with directly was obviously gay. Then he mentioned his partner works there, and I had absolutely NO idea he was gay. No effeminate qualities. Just an average guy.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I guess the biggest question I have is, why is arse hygiene so critical when you're going to meet the parents? What kinds of activities are going on where you would need to be sure your sausage sheath is squeaky clean?

First date, I totally understand. You wouldn't want Wonka putting his Willie in the Chocolate Factory without cleaning up first. But meeting the parents? There's more to this relationship than just a gay couple, and I'm not comfortable with it.

I'm with you, Doug. No more Cottonelle.

:laugh:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom