• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Yes there will be a prone position, muzzle in a barrel (muzzle brake guys are gonna hate me) we should have some ground covering , as soon we don't get wet not muddy, but if it's too bad, I will scrub it and come up with a new idea......Friday some rain, Saturday for the match , looking clear and nice, but you might want to wear your boots or old shoes to be safe

Aaron

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven

Are there going to be any Prone positions? I want to be mentally prepared if I will be laying down in mud, so I don't cry in front of the rest of my squad! Steel and Wood thrives in mud, but I'm just not as tough as that guy.

Mentally prepared to cry in front of the squad? Are you trying for match director? LMAO.....

Please guys do be prepared for the N.E. Indiana/ N.W. Ohio weather.........shooting will not stop unless of lightning, Hurricane, or act of GOD....

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    24 , 24 , 24 hours to go ( wasn't there a song like that?) Well close enough for me....set up tomorrow, look for pictures here tomorrow night

And if you know the band and song I'm referring to you, get 5 free rounds of 223 ammo from me.....at the event.....

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    Steel and Wood,

I came up early and helped set up. Looks pretty cool! Tgere shouldn't be a huge amount of time between shooters, as 55fairlane has designed it with most targets being scored on movement indicating hits. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    The weather looks like it may be sprinkling at the range now, but will be clear and warm tomorrow for this match.........

Wonder what kinda mishaps were gonna have this time? Last April we had rain, one guy slip,fall and take out a row of barrels,a turkey came strolling out on the 200 yard area,and.......

Hope to see ya all there

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Went good, couple minor goof ups, but all in all 31 competitors had a great time........stage one rifle was way too long....lesson learned, stage 2 was a 2 gun , clear the house, went well, stages 3,4 &5 all pistol went easy, stage 6 both gun on the big range, start will pistol, then we made you fight your up on top of the 50 yards hill, and bang steel out to 250 yards......I will post pictures soon, CZ & wood&steel were both there, two wonderful gentleman, so glad I met them......several other ppl stepped up and helped out......

Way more details as I get pictures.......next one is in april......

Aaron

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    So this was my take of the match- GREAT people, great cause, and a lot of fun. Being a charity event, they mad it easy for anyone to play. This was NOT an equipment race! The rifle stage was tough, but not impossible as some of the shooters proved. I am not one of those shooters, as it stomped my guys out. During lunch, on of the co-match directors (Aaron- who is a real rifle shooter) gave me some advice on adjusting my optic, and on my afternoon run, i did much better! I heard XERO complaints from any of the competitors, and I think everyone enjoyed it.

I saw many of the staff and shooters taking pics and vids, but unfortunately I got wrapped up in what I was doing and I did not. Dr. K took a lot of videos on the rifle range, so hopefully Aaron can hit him up for those. The range was very nice, with a really nice clubhouse, which was stocked with cold drinks and nice chairs when we decided to sneak off the rifle range for a few minutes.

The biggest hurdle I had was the wind! When we shot from the V Tac barricades on the hill, the wind was wicked. I'm talking about the kind of wind that pushes you so hard it moves your 1x reflex reticle off target by 3 or more feet at 250 yds. Who knows what effect it had on the bullets.

I had great time, and I will be making the trip up to do this again in the future! Great job 55Fairlane

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    To give everyone an idea of the rifle stage- it was only 37 rounds to complete. Distances were not given on many of the targets, and a lot of guys ran dry before the finished the stage. When i say ran dry, I'm talking three full 30 round mags. A lot of this had to do with the light rain we had on Friday night. It was hard to tell where you missed, as there was no dust flying to let you see where the bullet struck. The stages and shooting positions were laid out well, it was just lack of experience and weather conditions that provided the biggest challenge.

Top Bottom