Charles Krauthammer has only weeks to live.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    He has a great last name. I hope his father was WW2 European vet.

A quote from his wiki:

Krauthammer was born on March 13, 1950, in New York City.[SUP][4][/SUP] His father was from Ukraine and his mother from Belgium. His brother, Marcel, was four years older. The family spoke French in the home. When he was 5, the Krauthammers moved to Montreal. Through the school year they resided in Montreal but spent the summers in Long Beach, New York.[SUP][6][/SUP][SUP][7][/SUP] Both parents were Orthodox Jews, and he and his brother were educated at a Hebrew school. He attended McGill University in Montreal, graduating in 1970 with First Class Honours in both economics and political science.[SUP][8][/SUP] At the time, McGill University was a hotbed of radical sentiment, something that Krauthammer says influenced his dislike of political extremism. "I became very acutely aware of the dangers, the hypocrisies, and sort of the extremism of the political extremes. And it cleansed me very early in my political evolution of any romanticism," He later said: "I detested the extreme Left and extreme Right, and found myself somewhere in the middle."[SUP][9][/SUP] The following year, after graduating from McGill, he studied as a Commonwealth Scholar in politics at Balliol College, Oxford, before returning to the United States to attend medical school at Harvard.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    For the last few years the only TV news I watched was Bret Baiers show on FOX, but I only tuned in from 6:40 to 7:00 to see the panel. Over the last year I have not been watching since Charles has been gone. I had really hoped he was going to make it back.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    A profound loss for mankind.

Tell me Kut, in your mind, who today or in recent memory would rise to the level of being a profound loss ?

Well, the whole "to mankind" part, is which seems out of place. Meaning the person holds a unique position throughout the history of man.
    My examples would be, but not limited to: Jesus, Einstein, Washington, Henry Ford, Pope John Paul II, the Wright Brothers, Steve Jobs, Mother Theresa, John Glenn... people that were pioneers, or through action change the very shape of the planet, for the benefit of mankind. It's a very small group.

My attempt to eliminate false equivalencies by denoting those of the present or recent memory was summarily ignored. Try again.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My attempt to eliminate false equivalencies by denoting those of the present or recent memory was summarily ignored. Try again.

You said present or recent memory. Did I miss the part where you qualified recent memory? Not that either detracts from my original sentiment.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sometimes...when people are speaking to emotional things, hyperbole is often used. Did 24Carat really believe Dr. K had an effect on this world anywhere on the scale of Jesus or G. Washington? I don't know. I simply figured he was being hyperbolic to express his opinion on the Dr's imminent demise.

Well, it appears it wasn't hyperbole.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    For the last few years the only TV news I watched was Bret Baiers show on FOX, but I only tuned in from 6:40 to 7:00 to see the panel. Over the last year I have not been watching since Charles has been gone. I had really hoped he was going to make it back.

Bret ain't worth watching anymore. His (Shep Smith sort of) nevertrumper snark overshadows any semblance of unbiased news anchoring he once had. Martha has the much better news show at 7.

Sadly, there are no commentators in Krauthammer's class anywhere on the tube.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    You said present or recent memory. Did I miss the part where you qualified recent memory? Not that either detracts from my original sentiment.

Your sentiment is derived from the fact that you are the consummate contrarian in everything you feel compelled to comment on.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Your sentiment is derived from the fact that you are the consummate contrarian in everything you feel compelled to comment on.

I just had issue with the fact that you called the eventual passing of Krauthammer a "profound loss to mankind." Doesn't come close. I feel that I can be contrarian, when people make comments that are WELL beyond the pale.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Maybe some twit with the initials K-A-E-P-E-R-N-I-C- K?

:dunno:

"Initials?" Uhhh.... ok? But no, a person with the insanely long initials K-A-E-P-E-R-N-I-C-K, would not be someone that was of profound importance to mankind.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I just had issue with the fact that you called the eventual passing of Krauthammer a "profound loss to mankind." Doesn't come close. I feel that I can be contrarian, when people make comments that are WELL beyond the pale.

“Profound loss to mankind”? I think the loss of his voice may truly fall into that category.

I’m surprised and pleased there are so many other fans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.221291d0e253

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    “Profound loss to mankind”? I think the loss of his voice may truly fall into that category.

I’m surprised and pleased there are so many other fans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.221291d0e253

If one said "profound loss to American political discourse," sure, that works. "Mankind?" That's a tough one for me to reconcile. That puts him in league with, literally, not just the greatest thinkers on the planet; because not even those alive today are worthy of that title, but the greatest thinkers ever in the history of human existence.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

meter.jpg

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Those that want to argue: Please create your own thread to crap up. This thread is for, and about info on Charles Krauthammer. Not petty arguing. It's pretty sad when I have to unsubscribe to my own thread so I don't have to see your comments.

I do not like to put people on my ignore list. I like you guys, but enough is enough. COME ON GUYS!!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Those that want to argue: Please create your own thread to crap up. This thread is for, and about info on Charles Krauthammer. Not petty arguing. It's pretty sad when I have to unsubscribe to my own thread so I don't have to see your comments.

I do not like to put people on my ignore list. I like you guys, but enough is enough. COME ON GUYS!!

Done. Apologies

Top Bottom