• ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    To All,

I am going to go waaayyyy out on a limb here.

What happened to individual responsibility???:dunno:

Charles Manson never, ever killed anyone! Why is he still in jail in the first place?

Charles Manson told other people to kill for him, and they did. Their hand was on the trigger/knife/etc. Charles Mansons hand was not.

So a guy who has ordered killings but has never killed anyone himself spends more time in prison than people who have actually killed other people - why? Charles Manson has illustrated that with opportunity he lacks the guts to kill someone. He had the opportunity while present at the LaBianca's murder, but it was Watson, Atkins, Krenwinkel, and Van Houten who did the deed - NOT Charles Manson.

I am going to give my opinion of Charles Manson. He is a whack job. He is nuttier than a Planters Peanut jar. He is evil. He is deranged. He was good at talking people into doing things for him. He is NOT guilty of doing the deeds for which he is hated.

We lock up people guilty of actually killing folks for less time than Charles Manson has received. I guess we need our boogeyman...?

Regards,

Doug
    By this logic and current happenings.....He could be elected POTUS.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    To All,

I am going to go waaayyyy out on a limb here.

What happened to individual responsibility???:dunno:

Charles Manson never, ever killed anyone! Why is he still in jail in the first place?

Charles Manson told other people to kill for him, and they did. Their hand was on the trigger/knife/etc. Charles Mansons hand was not.

So a guy who has ordered killings but has never killed anyone himself spends more time in prison than people who have actually killed other people - why? Charles Manson has illustrated that with opportunity he lacks the guts to kill someone. He had the opportunity while present at the LaBianca's murder, but it was Watson, Atkins, Krenwinkel, and Van Houten who did the deed - NOT Charles Manson.

I am going to give my opinion of Charles Manson. He is a whack job. He is nuttier than a Planters Peanut jar. He is evil. He is deranged. He was good at talking people into doing things for him. He is NOT guilty of doing the deeds for which he is hated.

We lock up people guilty of actually killing folks for less time than Charles Manson has received. I guess we need our boogeyman...?

Regards,

Doug

Ok, I'll bite.

Can you anwser this: What happened to personal responceabilty? This man ordered the deaths of these people. They would not have done it without those orders. Personally I thing NONE of them should have never walked the streets and they should have got the death penality. But it's Ca. Go figure.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Ok, I'll bite.

Can you anwser this: What happened to personal responceabilty? This man ordered the deaths of these people. They would not have done it without those orders. Personally I thing NONE of them should have never walked the streets and they should have got the death penality. But it's Ca. Go figure.

To 1911ly,

I refer to the individual responsibility of those who actually wielded the instruments of death, the real killers! Just because someone orders you (in the civilian world) to do something does not mean you have to do it.

My point is that Mr. Manson has never himself killed a single human being, that we know of. There isn't even a rumor of him actively taking someone's life.

Why are we so afraid of a looney that has only ever convinced someone else to do dirty work? Punish the people who did the deed, AND punish him! But he has been punished more than people who have actually, with malice, taken it upon themselves to do harm.

Is there evidence that Saddam Hussein ever personally killed anyone?

To Mr Evilwrench,

I don't know? Was he ever tried and convicted in an American court of law of breaking an American law while he had full diplomatic immunity as the head of a nation recognized by the United States and all other nations of the world?

If you are looking to go down the "nazi" road we can. If that is the argument then those giving the orders must have some sort of power and legal authority over those committing the acts. Charles Manson had no legal authority over anyone. The most he had was threat or intimidation. Most likely he had influence over people.

President Saddam Hussein was a monster; a monster with legal power and control over a military, intelligence and legal system. Charles Manson, whackjob, was a monster who talked people into doing dirty work for him. Worthy of punishment? Yes, 100%. Worthy of the mass hysteria of a generation raised to fear him as the worst of the worst? Not in my book.

Regards,

Doug

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

To 1911ly,

I refer to the individual responsibility of those who actually wielded the instruments of death, the real killers! Just because someone orders you (in the civilian world) to do something does not mean you have to do it.

My point is that Mr. Manson has never himself killed a single human being, that we know of. There isn't even a rumor of him actively taking someone's life.

Why are we so afraid of a looney that has only ever convinced someone else to do dirty work? Punish the people who did the deed, AND punish him! But he has been punished more than people who have actually, with malice, taken it upon themselves to do harm.

To Mr Evilwrench,

I don't know? Was he ever tried and convicted in an American court of law of breaking an American law while he had full diplomatic immunity as the head of a nation recognized by the United States and all other nations of the world?

If you are looking to go down the "nazi" road we can. If that is the argument then those giving the orders must have some sort of power and legal authority over those committing the acts. Charles Manson had no legal authority over anyone. The most he had was threat or intimidation. Most likely he had influence over people.

President Saddam Hussein was a monster; a monster with legal power and control over a military, intelligence and legal system. Charles Manson, whackjob, was a monster who talked people into doing dirty work for him. Worthy of punishment? Yes, 100%. Worthy of the mass hysteria of a generation raised to fear him as the worst of the worst? Not in my book.

Regards,

Doug

We disagree! That's Ok. It's one of the great things about this country. We can!! I don't thing mentally ill people that would kill or (would be convincing enough to make some else kill for them) should walk free. By those terms you could have someone kill your wife, or any other friend family or foe without repercussion. That's just not normal or socially acceptable behavior. It's been found by our laws not to be. I like those laws. Sorry! I win! :D

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    We disagree! That's Ok. It's one of the great things about this country. We can!! I don't thing mentally ill people that would kill or (would be convincing enough to make some else kill for them) should walk free. By those terms you could have someone kill your wife, or any other friend family or foe without repercussion. That's just not normal or socially acceptable behavior. It's been found by our laws not to be. I like those laws. Sorry! I win! :D

To 1911ly,

I don't know that we entirely disagree.

What I do get tired of from some corners of America is this wave of revulsion for Charles Manson and an almost total loss of memory of those who were the real murderers. I think it might be a "generational" thing...?:dunno: Folks who are about ten (10) years or more older than me remember news that was pounded into them by the media circus that surrounded him. It was, I believe, one of the first national news television murder scandals.

I believe Charles Manson should spend many years behind bars. I am no apologist for him and do not want to come across as such. I just get very frustrated when most of the people who hate him don't even know (or remember) that he himself never did any of the vile acts associated with him - and then can't even NAME one other scumbag who actually pulled the trigger! At least with John Gotti most people can name his muscle Sammy "the Bull" Gravano. With Manson - nada. It's like we have some sort of selective amnesia when it comes to the other people involved in the murders.

For the record, here are those present for the murder of Sharon Tate, those who actually wielded the knives and gun:

Susan Atkins (Died in prison in 2009)
    Charles "Tex" Watson (Currently Incarcerated - helps run a website, aboundinglove.org)
    Patricia Krenwinkel (Currently Incarcerated)
    Linda Kasabian (Granted immunity for testimony - from what I can tell never served a day in jail)

Also present at the LaBianca murders was:

Leslie Van Houten (Currently Incarcerated)

I say this not just for you but for everyone to remember those who were there, those who performed the brutal murders.

Regards,

Doug

PS - I am glad all of these people are in prison. Death would have been too easy for them.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...I just get very frustrated when most of the people who hate him don't even know (or remember) that he himself never did any of the vile acts associated with him...

His vilest act was take otherwise normal people and turn them into killers. Manson is a psychopath. There is only one cure for that. His minions were just kids who bought into the 60's free love, drugs are OK, line of BS and were psychologically broken down and built back to do his bidding.

Top Bottom