• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deep6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    City
    Just another option that I am currently running: ESEE JG3 in an Azwelke pancake kydex sheath:

tradertator was exactly right; pick the knife you like, but the sheath system is really the make or break part of the equation when it comes to edc iwb. It has to be comfortable, draw without the sheath coming out, and slim. I basically tried my best to copy the tracker dan sheath concept. I got a custom Azwelke sheath and attached a ka-bar spring steel clip with cloth grabber built into it.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Tradertator,
    I apologize if you got a previous message from me, not sure exactly how to work this forum. I was wondering if you could give me some insight into some of these knives. They are all in my top favorites that I have been looking at for some time. If I was to get only one, would you pick the dynamis blade, or the bloodshark? Also, have you ever bought any of Joe Watson's blades? I am on the fence about his Magni and his Mini Bowie as well. Thanks!

I really like the Dynamis, but for some reason, it gets carried way less than the Bloodshark. The Tracker Dan stuff just conceals super well, and is really light and well balanced. I especially like using a piece of intertube and wearing it along my center line. You could do the best of both, and try to hunt down one of Dan's Hammer Sharks that he made for Dom.

Of all the blades I have in that picture, I think the Head Hunter Rat from Harley Elmore is my top pick. It flows incredibly well in the hand, and I like that it has a little bit of a punyo to strike with, but not enough to parry off of. Also, the finger grooves are perfect. I caught it on sale Memorial Day, and got the training package for about $150 off.

Some other stuff I really like that I didn't post a picture of is my Kramer Libre Fighter MKII. It feels great in a standard / reverse / & Pika'l style grip, very grippy since it's covered in jimping and scalloped G10, slight double edge for flipping, and the curve on the back can be used to pass or assist in really powerfull cuts. I had Blade Rigs make a sheath for it, still need to get a trainer though.

Sorry, the pics are awful

One of the easiest blades to use that I've used is a Shivworks Clinch Pik. Put it on your center line, and you can deploy it even while in a bear hug with your arms trapped, and into the groin, thighs, or under the ribs. Or hold it a reverse grip, and work over the kneck and inside the top of the ribs. Mine is the cheaper Triple Aught Design "China Pick", but I hope to add a Ban Tang someday. I also want to get Dark Star sheath set, because the ones they came with kind of suck.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Tradertator,
    Also, have you ever bought any of Joe Watson's blades? I am on the fence about his Magni and his Mini Bowie as well. Thanks!

I think Joe's stuff looks pretty awesome, especially since he's having Dan do sheath's for him. I believe he's been involved with the Sayoc group, which I like because it seems like too many "defensive" knives are designed by guys that have no background in such things. I'm a little curious though on how that fiberglass resin "Jap Wrap" would feel on the skin when worn IWB. No doubt though, it would be extremely grippy. You'll have to report back if you pick one up. I like the 2 you listed (especially the bowie since it's available with a TD sheath), but the 2 that have really caught my eye were the Archangel and Pikal.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom