• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Wouldn't that be a straw purchase if you ask a LEO to buy a new gun for you even if you could legally buy that gun?

It looks like the LEO discount would be a service who makes it illegal.

"A straw purchase is any purchase whereby the purchaser is knowingly acquiring an item or service for someone who is, for whatever reason, unable to purchase the item or service themselves"

Not saying that you shouldn't ask a LEO friend if you can get a good price, just wondering if its legal. :dunno:

have your friend give it to you as a birthday present. return the favor on his birthday.

or just don't post about it on the interwebz. :laugh:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I understand that everybody wants a great deal on their guns but $500 or $550 is a good price for a Glock in the US IMO.I dont care if I dont get the best deal I still get a Glock.
    I guess most of you are not aware of prices in other countries and you should feel lucky of what we can pay in the US.
    In France for a new Glock 19 I would have to pay around 700 Euros ($930!), sometimes more.On top of that I would need to pay a couple hundreds more to get a purchase licence and wait about six to twelve months to get it.
    And the end its about twice the price of the gun in the US.
    So when I buy a gun in the US for just about $500 or even more and it only takes 5 minutes I feel like a made a good deal.

WOW!?!?! $930US for a glock in France. That's way too much money to spend on a gun that's only going to dropped once and ran away from.

On a more serious note, even Gander will have sales occationally selling glocks they have in stock for $500. I bought my G20SF at 21st brand new right at that amount. Those are pretty good deals in my book.

If you want a good example of a bad deal K&T in New Haven has a used G19 gen 4 with three magazines and a beat up cheapo holster for about $490. It looked to me like it had around 500-1000 rounds through it and has standard sights.

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Wouldn't that be a straw purchase if you ask a LEO to buy a new gun for you even if you could legally buy that gun?

It looks like the LEO discount would be a service who makes it illegal.

"A straw purchase is any purchase whereby the purchaser is knowingly acquiring an item or service for someone who is, for whatever reason, unable to purchase the item or service themselves"

Not saying that you shouldn't ask a LEO friend if you can get a good price, just wondering if its legal. :dunno:

When I got that deal he'd actually purchased the weapons for other LEO's at a department that was issued Sig 229's, but this guys a diehard Glock fan and wanted his buddies to try some used ones out from his former agency. They all backed out, so he got stuck with a bunch of Glock 22's and knew I carried a .40 229 and asked if I wanted one. I'm under the impression I could have bought them if I'd approached the agency he bought them from. It wasn't a LEO discount, just an agency off loading surplus weapons which I believe is common practice.

Edit-Oh yeah, important detail, as I implied in my post, I am eligible for LEO discount through being in the Navy reserve and being a licensed commercial pilot regardless.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    WOW!?!?! $930US

And that's even one the cheapest guns you can buy there, if you want a HK USP you will pay $1450 or more.
    You dont find many gun stores so its hard to shop around to get the best deals.
    Of course for only $300 you can easily get a full-auto AK47 who comes right from Yougoslavia or you can drive yourself there and find one for half that price.:ar15:
    That's illegal of course so nobody does it. :rolleyes:

Anyway this is not the subject of that thread. :D

Top Bottom