• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the replies, it looks like the GSG is winning hands down. I have taken a closer look and right now it is definitely the front runner. I will check out that Colt as well, thanks for the suggestion!

aijk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Eminence
    I was going to buy my son a pistol and he wanted a 1911 style 22 because i carry a springfield. I was in a gun store and i told the owner i was going to buy a used ruger 22 45 from someone else or buy the chiappa from him and he told me not to buy the chiappa. He said if you dry fire once you might as well send it out to be fixed.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I don't know that it is "junk", but I think if you are interested in it primarily as a 1911 pattern pistol you might be better served spending another $75 and getting the GSG1911. It's a pretty well constructed pistol, and it more closely duplicates the function (and safeties) of a real 1911 than the Chiappa does. It even shares some parts with the 1911. I haven't shot the Chiappa, but I can recommend the GSG1911.

+1 on the GSG1911. I've got several thousand rounds thru one and it's been a great gun. I think it feels a lot better in the hand than the Chiappa, which just feels cheap to me.

ltb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Evansville,IN
    Whittakers in Ky. had the gsg pistol (shot by factory employees,something the clerk told me) for 275??? appx 2weeks ago dont remember exactly, phone them to get details, 270-229-0140

Top Bottom