• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    ... My original post is completely true.

Nope, not at all.

BE Mike’s post referred to the whole of the NRAAM, 80,000 plus/minus, and you did not distinguish between the convention as a whole (“there”) and a single room and meeting time where Federal law superseded state law and NRA rules. Similarly your use of “they” in that context clearly referred to the NRA, not the US Secret Service. The NRA did not ban anyone from carrying, the NRA conveyed the USSS’s requirement that has the force of law.

So not even close to being completely true. Snarky yes, Shannon Watts territory yes, but not even snopes buys it.

By the way, I carried everywhere I went there as well, even when I “met“ (using Kut’s degree of precision) Donald Trump Junior and his Secret Service retinue.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Nope, not at all.

BE Mike’s post referred to the whole of the NRAAM, 80,000 plus/minus, and you did not distinguish between the convention as a whole (“there”) and a single room and meeting time where Federal law superseded state law and NRA rules. Similarly your use of “they” in that context clearly referred to the NRA, not the US Secret Service. The NRA did not ban anyone from carrying, the NRA conveyed the USSS’s requirement that has the force of law.

So not even close to being completely true. Snarky yes, Shannon Watts territory yes, but not even snopes buys it.

By the way, I carried everywhere I went there as well, even when I “met“ (using Kut’s degree of precision) Donald Trump Junior and his Secret Service retinue.

You're using inferences of what you assume, not what was explicitly stated.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    No, I'm not. I'm clear that the NRA did not ban gun at the conference. But they did allow the secret service to ban weapons at the events where the president and vp appeared. My original post is completely true. Guns were banned "there" too.

So to be clear is it your contention that the Secret Service asked the NRA for no guns in proximity to the Pres and
    VP and the NRA allowed the Secret Service to ban them? You believe that the Secret Service takes orders from the NRA?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    A teenager gets shot in the head, a tragic event, I read through the thread, and we’re arguing about the nra event in Dallas? :rolleyes: I’m all for a good debate, I’m even for a good joke when the idiot that was shot deserved it. Neither of those apply to this. This is just a sad event that continues to happen in the ****-hole leftist gun control utopia, and this kid seemed to have a good head on his shoulders. He didn’t get to choose where his parents decided to live. This was no fault of his own. This is the sad part of politics, when a kid takes a city bus to go to a better school and gets killed because of political bs policies... prayers to the family.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A teenager gets shot in the head, a tragic event, I read through the thread, and we’re arguing about the nra event in Dallas? :rolleyes: I’m all for a good debate, I’m even for a good joke when the idiot that was shot deserved it. Neither of those apply to this. This is just a sad event that continues to happen in the ****-hole leftist gun control utopia, and this kid seemed to have a good head on his shoulders. He didn’t get to choose where his parents decided to live. This was no fault of his own. This is the sad part of politics, when a kid takes a city bus to go to a better school and gets killed because of political bs policies... prayers to the family.

:yesway:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Thought this was about Chicago and find an argument about Dallas.

Anyway, went to that link in USA Today, and about 5 seconds after getting on the site my anti-virus popped up and blocked it with the warning not to continue. Good luck to those who do get to the site. In the few seconds that it was visible, the number shot was up to over 80!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    We can always count on INGO to take a thread completely off topic for the sake of argument!

Fixed it for you.

"We can always count on KUT to take a thread completely off topic for the sake of argument!"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So to be clear is it your contention that the Secret Service asked the NRA for no guns in proximity to the Pres and
    VP and the NRA allowed the Secret Service to ban them? You believe that the Secret Service takes orders from the NRA?

No, of course not. The NRA knew that what was entailed by having the president and VP speak. They could've said "no," because like you said, they don't take orders from the Secret Service. But instead, they all the NRA (or at least the area the President and VP were speaking) to become a GFZ. I'm not an NRA member, but if I was, I'd have a problem with their selective beliefs.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    To be fair when obama gave a speech at the NRA convention they had the same rules in effect.

No... wait... that ******* hated the NRA and the second Amendment.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

No, of course not. The NRA knew that what was entailed by having the president and VP speak. They could've said "no," because like you said, they don't take orders from the Secret Service. But instead, they all the NRA (or at least the area the President and VP were speaking) to become a GFZ. I'm not an NRA member, but if I was, I'd have a problem with their selective beliefs.

That's not what he said (asked). In fact, it's the polar opposite. Applicable parts in red.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's not what he said (asked). In fact, it's the polar opposite. Applicable parts in red.

Fair enough, rephrase it to. No, the Secret Service does not take orders from the FBI, but the Secret Service isn't going anywhere the president is not going to be. And if the NRA didn't want the president there, because of the restrictions placed on the attendees, he wouldn't have been there (and neither would the Secret Service).

But anyways, back on topic. Chicago is a disaster. There are places in Chicago that would give any legitimately dangerous place in the world, a run for their money. If I had to make a bet, there's a strong correlation with poverty and the violence they undergo... most likely related to the drug trade.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I had been hearing some people on FNC putting “reduced violence in Chicago” on the list of Trump accomplishments recently. Looks like they may want to drop that one off.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    We rarely if ever hear anything at all about Chicago's woes on the national news. Only President Trump mentioned it during the NRA convention. Chicago should be walled off, and let nature take its course. No one in, no one out, including the silly politicians. Of course, CPD is under a "consent decree" which means hands off most of the criminals. And, apparently BLM, possibly Antifa, and some other left wing liberal/communist/criminal groups are now "at the table" and providing input with regard to CPD oversight. We all know what that means. Hands off the gang bangers, no proactive policing, "catch and release" prosecutions, ad nauseaum.

I have told others, and I will share this...do not go to Chicago unless absolutely necessary. It may mean your life.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Fair enough, rephrase it to. No, the Secret Service does not take orders from the FBI, but the Secret Service isn't going anywhere the president is not going to be. And if the NRA didn't want the president there, because of the restrictions placed on the attendees, he wouldn't have been there (and neither would the Secret Service).

But anyways, back on topic. Chicago is a disaster. There are places in Chicago that would give any legitimately dangerous place in the world, a run for their money. If I had to make a bet, there's a strong correlation with poverty and the violence they undergo... most likely related to the drug trade.
    Gangs primarily, drug trade secondarily.

These gang members have a total disregard for life, theirs or anyone else's. It's really sad.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I go to chicago all the time with no more fear of it than Indianapolis.
    The places that are ran by the ****bags are known. They have been allowed to thrive and gain territory by the politicians and police who take marching orders from the politicians.
    It's truly a shame that such a beautiful international city is ran by liberals. And the state for that matter. It could be so much greater.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers

The quote says he is in stable condition, unless that's changed. Still awful, but, thankfully, not dead.

Top Bottom