• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I go to chicago all the time with no more fear of it than Indianapolis.
    The places that are ran by the ****bags are known. They have been allowed to thrive and gain territory by the politicians and police who take marching orders from the politicians.
    It's truly a shame that such a beautiful international city is ran by liberals. And the state for that matter. It could be so much greater.

And yet you never wave at the big mill as you drive by.

IndianaDave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    A teenager gets shot in the head, a tragic event, I read through the thread, and we’re arguing about the nra event in Dallas? :rolleyes: I’m all for a good debate, I’m even for a good joke when the idiot that was shot deserved it. Neither of those apply to this. This is just a sad event that continues to happen in the ****-hole leftist gun control utopia, and this kid seemed to have a good head on his shoulders. He didn’t get to choose where his parents decided to live. This was no fault of his own. This is the sad part of politics, when a kid takes a city bus to go to a better school and gets killed because of political bs policies... prayers to the family.

I had the same thought.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    No, of course not. The NRA knew that what was entailed by having the president and VP speak. They could've said "no," because like you said, they don't take orders from the Secret Service. But instead, they all the NRA (or at least the area the President and VP were speaking) to become a GFZ. I'm not an NRA member, but if I was, I'd have a problem with their selective beliefs.

So, should I have a problem with the “selective belief” some lawmakers and law enforcement officers have that many places are GFZ’s to me, yet lawmakers and active (and retired) law-enforcement officers can carry guns in those same places? Perhaps they are more trustworthy, and their lives are worth more than ours?

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Crime vs. The Weather

Crime rates in Chicago rise steadily with temperature, peaking just under 90 degrees Fahrenheit, then dropping hard when it gets over 90.

Lots of people with nothing to do. When it warms up, they move outside into common areas. When lots of people with nothing to do are hanging around outside, they find reasons to start fights with each other.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Crime vs. The Weather

Crime rates in Chicago rise steadily with temperature, peaking just under 90 degrees Fahrenheit, then dropping hard when it gets over 90.

Lots of people with nothing to do. When it warms up, they move outside into common areas. When lots of people with nothing to do are hanging around outside, they find reasons to start fights with each other.
    Don't get me started about full moons!

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    Gee I thought Rohm said he had it ALL figured out. At the rate they are killing each other they will soon be smaller than Avon.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Gee I thought Rohm said he had it ALL figured out. At the rate they are killing each other they will soon be smaller than Avon.

LOl, There is an almost shocking number of construction cranes downtown putting up new high rises. There is still big money being invested in the city.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I know its been said countless times but,
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Well reducing and preventing gun violence by way of ever stricter gun control is as extreme an
    example of this saying as I am personally aware of as they are doing the EXACT same thing the EXACT same way for DECADES now and have achieved the SAME EXACT results.

All we are seeing is Osama Bin Emanuel towing the company line in blaming inanimate objects for the completely horrid and reprehensible behavior of a very small percentage of an otherwise well
    behaved populous that the actual blame for this continued barbarism is to be found in himself and his fellow DemacRats who by malice of forethought created the very inner city carnage they damn
    well know they did but refuse to accept the blame for and choose instead to blame guns, gun owners and the 2nd amendment for, instead of their ruinous social welfare entitlement programs that
    resulted in what is known to day as the inner city drug war zones of America, because that IS WHAT the inner cities of Chicago, Gary, LA. NYC and so on and so on have become literal dug war
    zones that are actually as dangerous as if not more so than Iraq or Afghanistan is to our beloved combat troops.

All this horror and slaughter of human kind who's sole purpose was to ensure the demacRats a guaranteed permanent forever voting base. And the worse part about all this is it will
    NEVER, EVER, EVER change, EVER as no politician on earth will ever have the guts to call the situation for what it is, accept the blame and pass laws that will actually have a chance
    at solving this mess. The same politicians who would rather ban guns than do ANYTHING to stop the billions of dollars worth of illegal drugs that poor into this country mostly across our wide open
    borders buy the 1000's of tons every year and are the real cause for 90%+ of the murders and gun violence in America today.

I recently read a study that of the +/- 160 odd countries that make up the world at least 108 have a higher rate of violent crime than America, and the study went on to cite if you were to remove the worst most violent American cities from our ranking, the cities that make up but a fraction of our overall population America drops down to the bottom 10% LEAST violent countries in the world.

And what stuck me the most shocking as the countries with the HIGHEST rates of murder and gun violence also have MUCH, MUCH stricter gun control laws than America and
    among the strictest gun control laws in what one would loosely term a reasonably free country.

Yep the single most horribly fantastic example of the definition of insanity in man kinds history.

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

A large portion are being transplanted into the suburbs tomato room for all the new high rises and parks.

Let's watch and see what happens with the next mayor's election. Garry McCarthy is running against Rahm.....might be interesting.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    A large portion are being transplanted into the suburbs tomato room for all the new high rises and parks.

Let's watch and see what happens with the next mayor's election. Garry McCarthy is running against Rahm.....might be interesting.

While I'm no well informed insider of Chicago politics and need not be to know that the worst kept secret in American politics that the C(r)ook county political machine and especially the political machine that has run Chicago city elections for the last 5-6 decades is the most corrupt and perverse of any city in America.

IMHO if anyone but who exactly the demacRatic party of Chicago anoints to be mayor actually got elected it would be the greatest political upset since Dewy beat Truman. The demacRats have so
    much control over the city of Chicago it's reminiscent of the former and present soviet union elections, and the Chicago city council IMHO bears a shocking resemblance to the former soviet union's
    politburo.

Top Bottom