• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I just read that link on Drudge.
    What a joke. They do nothing to get to the solution, but tax those most capable of battling thug violence, lawful gun owners. So use more of the tax payers money to patch up the people shot in the hospitals, making it more prohibitive to access the tools to combat the violence.

Round and round she goes, how deep the spiral of idiocy, nobody knows.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Don't forget an obesity tax on cheeseburgers or a pollution tax on farts, a annoyance tax on political ads, a rude tax on loud cellphone users, hell, this could be the greatest taxing idea since taxes were invented!

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Wasn't Chicago trying to push this on the state this winter as well? Erm, it looks they're sitting in committee and not totally dead yet. I do see it having far less oposition within cook county, but might be enough for those suburbs losing money (paying in way more taxes than the $$ that come back out to them) to get a few more votes and succeed from Cook county and create their own.

Though it would appear Cook County has figured out they can't afford public healthcare for all.

I wonder how much of the "violence" is committed by those law abiding FOID carrying, tax payings citizens or is the county going to also be collecting taxes from ammo moved within gangs beyond the stores.

I'd make a quip about obesity tax on spoons, but after what's happened in NYC with the 32oz sodas, unless the masses wake up; I'm thinking it's only a matter of time.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    WOW! It really is hard to believe the leadership in that County is this blind!

They aren't blind, they are liberals. They know exactly what they are doing, they just don't care what the unenlightened think. They want all guns made illegal and if you don't think they are counting on Obama to help them during his second term then you are a sucker (or a Libertarian perhaps).

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I'm not surprised at all, 'hizzoner' ram emanuel DID say "never let an opportunity go to waste"--and we all know that he's another anti-gun-owner PC bigot like the rest of obeyme's cabinet.

I'm just wondering if they'll bother trying to figure out how to apply this tax to "ch'cAgo lAnd's" gangs?

David202

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So this is supposed to make violent criminals think "Damn, that's just a bit too expensive now. No more guns for me!"?

Or just go to another area without the tax and buy large quantities of ammo.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    So this is supposed to make violent criminals think "Damn, that's just a bit too expensive now. No more guns for me!"?

Or just go to another area without the tax and buy large quantities of ammo.

I believe the tax is designed to help out some of the smaller communities since it will be less expensive to purchase larger quantities of ammo, thereby helping to bolster those smaller communities.. See there is a positive side to all this :yesway:

Insert purple as you see fit :ar15:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    No, No, No. Ya'll got it all wrong! The Tiny Dancer wants to put 700 more Cops on the streets. So look at the equation

More Tax = More Chicago Cops = More Violence.

So calling it a Violence Tax is completely appropriate. :D

Would have used purple, but I heard its illegal in Crook County.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I believe the tax is designed to help out some of the smaller communities since it will be less expensive to purchase larger quantities of ammo, thereby helping to bolster those smaller communities.. See there is a positive side to all this :yesway:

Insert purple as you see fit :ar15:

Actually, after thinking a little further, this tax may be intended to put all the small shops out of business, thereby enforcing a sort of defacto ban on handgun sales within the county without going afoul of the McDonald ruling.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Anything to get another tax in place...

It doesn't matter in the slightest if it WORKS or not, just that we got some more money coming in.

We need to quit trying to make sense of the things that politians come up with. It is not based in reality.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    How the hell are they gonna pay it? I dont think there is one damn store in chicago that sells guns or ammo. There are few in all of cook county that do.

Top Bottom