• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    ...and here I thought getting rid of Todd Stroger was a good idea. The brilliant Preckwinkle also wanted to make smaller unincorporated areas pay for their own Police/Fire/Ambulance because they wer not paying their "fair share". Funny reason when you consider all the dead beats in crook county who are on the government dole.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This issue again goes back to unnecessary attempt at control. This new tax is also easily (and legally) evaded by just crossing the border into our fine state and purchasing the ammo here. Gun shops in Northwest Indiana will flourish! In all seriousness though, aren't these self-righteous liberals claiming to be intellectually superior to "gun-toting rustics?" So much for intelligence?

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Cook county is the largest county in IL IIRC. Having lived in Chicago I can tell you there are no gun shops or ammo being sold in Chicago , but there are gun stores in the fringes of Chicago. I can only see People from Chicago and Cook County buying their things outside of Cook. I hope this tax trend doesn't catch on.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I used to live in that ****-hole known as Cook County, IL... Thank God we moved away when I was a kid.

Plain and simple, this is what happens when liberals hold power. In a way, I don't feel sorry for the idiots who elected anyone who would consider enacting such a stupid law. On the other hand, I'd better like to see the people of Illinois, in the words of Samuel L. Jackson, "Wake the **** up!".

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The violence tax should be levied directly against the idiots who think up these laws that are based on the false premise that making more and more sheep and more and more victims out of law-abiding proud Americans will somehow lessen the tendency of wolves to victimize sheep.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Gore was pushing for that nation wide years ago

And if you are really Peed off at someone, An xtra $25.00 may be worth it ?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    "The legal gun shops in suburban Cook County are a conduit for crimes in Chicago. There's no way around it."

Yep, the legal gun shops are the cause of the problem. Just like legal liquor stores cause drunk driving and CVS causes drug abuse. Gotta love Chicago way of thinking. :dunno:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    They are proposing new taxes on most anything they can think of to try to make up their budget shortfall. God forbid any government actually cut costs instead of trying to raise more revenue.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Once I opened the page................enough said..................typical Chicago politics. Everyone is striving to figure out how to tax people. I'm surprised any business gets done honestly and ethically in Chicago.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    :coffee:

Coming from Chicago this doesn't surprise me the least bit.

And, they can blame us Hoosiers all they want for "flooding" their streets with guns - I don't care.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Why not just ....

.... BAN all "bad" use of all guns and bullets? Yeah, that's the ticket: ban crime ... make crime against the law. Let's have a nation-wide BAN ON ALL CRIME ! Who could care less ? "Criminals" , that's who. EBG

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    HERE'S how to handle crime, in O'Brien, Oregon! Google it

I don't know how to do attribution, so it may get banned.... O'BRIEN, Ore. (AP) — There's no room in the county jail for burglars and thieves. And the sheriff's department in a vast, rural corner of southwest Oregon has been reduced by budget cuts to three deputies on patrol eight hours a day, five days a week. But people in this traditionally self-reliant section of timber country ...... more

Top Bottom