• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    They've managed to get their view taught to our children in our schools without our consent.

The horror! Children should be indoctrinated and never exposed to alternate views or allowed to make their own decisions based on presented evidence! Right? God forbid we actually educate people.

The government, under Obamacare, is forcing businesses to pay for abortions and birth control (which is primarily abortifacients) whether their institutional beliefs conflict or not.

If that's true, and I'd like to see a cited source, but I'd actually agree with you on this point due to businesses being forced to do something. However, it bears no relation to any of my points or the topic at hand. If you don't like abortions, good, don't get one.

Don't tell me no one is trying to prevent me from practicing my religion.

Feel free to go to church whenever you want, and pray to whomever you want brother. :)

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    I'm not surprised, after all they have to run a business. If I didn't participate in any business that didn't share my beliefs I would not be able to buy any food/good/services to include music/TV/movies and computers/phones and the internet.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    ...If you don't like abortions, good, don't get one.

Makes about as much sense as saying, "If you don't approve of murder, don't get murdered or murder anyone."

Better check again. Pretty sure it says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

Correct. The phrase, "Separation of Church and State" is nowhere to be found in the U.S. Constitution ... the original point. The premise of "Separation of Church and State" (as created and applied by the judiciary) is a world of difference from "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion." The former is an attempt to eliminate the influence of religion from the public forum. The latter is to limit the influence of government in religion.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Makes about as much sense as saying, "If you don't approve of murder, don't get murdered or murder anyone."

Correct. The phrase, "Separation of Church and State" is nowhere to be found in the U.S. Constitution ... the original point. The premise of "Separation of Church and State" (as created and applied by the judiciary) is a world of difference from "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion." The former is an attempt to eliminate the influence of religion from the public forum. The latter is to limit the influence of government in religion.

The problem with many religious people is they want religion to be able to influence the government but then want the government to stay out of their religion. They're tying their own nooses.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Did anyone ever find out if CFA actually made an official statement yet? Lots of arguing here, but I still haven't seen this story hit the mainstream media as factual??

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Ahh I see. Didn't know Thomas Jefferson was a lib.

Well, yes, I think defining him as a classical liberal would be correct...

Classical liberalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thomas Jefferson also opened the University of Virginia - notable for being centered around a library and not a church. He did not even include a chapel in his original plans, albeit the fact that it was one of the largest construction projects at the time in North America. As you can imagine, this was a big deal at the time - and was thought to reinforce the principle of "separation of church and state"....

Chik Fil-A makes "ok" sandwhiches. If they want to continue making mediocre fast food without remaining the focus of a political debate, more power to them. From a business perspective, it was likely a sound decision - because the short boost in sales will quickly decline, and the negative impact on their bottom line long term would not be attractive.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The horror! Children should be indoctrinated and never exposed to alternate views or allowed to make their own decisions based on presented evidence! Right? God forbid we actually educate people.

GOVERNMENT has no business indoctrinating our children in any manner; that's for us as parents to do. It's ironic that you would invoke the God with whose opinion of homosexuality you obvious disagree.

And what do you mean "actually educate people"? Look at the state of the public schools where such indoctrination is taking place; how much "education" is getting done?

If that's true, and I'd like to see a cited source, but I'd actually agree with you on this point due to businesses being forced to do something. However, it bears no relation to any of my points or the topic at hand. If you don't like abortions, good, don't get one.

Google "HHS rules force Catholic institutions to pay for birth control"

Feel free to go to church whenever you want, and pray to whomever you want brother. :)

Freedom of religion isn't confined to what we do in church; the right might well have been explained as "freedom of religious conscience". And aggressive agnosticism and atheism which seeks to eliminate others' rights to express their religious views in public venues - even government or government-sponsored venues, have all the hallmarks of the religions they seek to suppress.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    batman.jpg

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Chicago Alderman Joe Moreno stated that he would no longer try to block a Chick-fil-A restaurant from opening in his district.

I would tell Moreno that I wouldn't allow a store in his district, just to spite him and his moronic thinking.

Top Bottom