• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunpowder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Marshall County
    Here is the latest. I just called the state 4-H shooting sports coordinator at Purdue to see if there was a need. She said they have had several calls from counties with concerns.

She will forward my contact info in their newsletter and email me at work any counties with need. INGO will also get some promotion for those 4-H instructors who hang around here and want to try to contact us directly but I figure it will be difficult to find this thread. Is there a way we can get this thread as a sticky for now?

I am extremely limited on .22lr inventory myself but would be willing to donate what little I can as well.

I will forward any needs as they come in.

Mike

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, i m going to see if I can find and contact Vigo Co 4H & Boy Scouts tomorrow.

After going to look for the brick, turns out I have one for each of these groups.

I might even be able to help Appleseed a bit but not another brick just yet.
    I will assume Appleseed will contact me here as they do have a presence.
    If it turns out Vigo Co is fine then those bricks could go to Appleseed.

I will post again tomorrow after I know what is needed where. :)

djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Went to a benefit a couple of weeks ago put on by the "Friends of the NRA" in Auburn. The whole purpose was to raise money for youth shooting programs. They may be able to point ya in the right direction. I will donate as well.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Spoke to the Vigo Co 4-H and they sure need the ammo. I was asked not to post names and number but told I could give them out in PM's'
    If you are in the Vigo County area, PM me for where to go and who to call to let them know you want to help them out with ammo.

The Boy Scouts office called back and told me where to take my ammo. I was also told they are also in dire need of this kind of gift statewide so do what yo can folks.

I sent both of these people a link to this thread in case they wanted to see it or address with any specific needs.

:)

Last edited:

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    As a 4H shooting sports parent in Boone County, and a Boy Scout leader/firearms instructor, I commend all who can contribute to the youth shooting sports programs. :rockwoot:

I had to reschedule a shooting campout with the scouts due to lack of ammo until the fall. Hopefully the supply will increase by then.

If I could rep everyone stepping up, I would!

Thanks All! :patriot:

ol' poke.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    WELL! I was finally able to drop off my brick to the 4H and the guy from BSA just came to get theirs.

I hope this helps around here. I know all I saw were big smiles at the 4H office when I showed them the box. :D
    The person from BSA was also very appreciative and both said I would be getting thank you letters from the kids.

how did the rest of you fare or are you all still getting around to making your donations?

Last edited:

Gunpowder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Marshall County
    I emailed the state 4-H shooting sports coordinator again. She said it will go out in their newsletter first part of April. apparently they are not connected well on the internet.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    DNR Camp

I sent an inquiry to the DNR officer who runs the Karl E. Kelley Memorial Camp in June. I was advised of this program by somebody here a few years ago and have sent 3 grandson through it. I will advise if they need ammo.

BTW, my grandsons all loved the camp. I highly recommend it.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    My local BSA guy said they aren't posting this to the interweb, just not something they are geared up to do.

4-H, at least locally, said they are going to check this thread and say what is needed in Vigo Co at least.

Let's face it folks, they are having as much trouble getting ammo as we are these days.

Both of these organizations we so happy with me when I gave them the ammo I had to shake all the hands or get hugs from everyone in the 4H Office before I was allowed to leave. I had thank you emails waiting for me when I got home and promises of letters from the kids I helped. I told them not to make a big deal about it too. They wouldn't have it, I thought they were going to give me a plaque for heaven's sake! I also offered them a few bricks each of Colibri ammo, the low power sub sonic stuff that doesn't cycle a semi-auto reliably. I was told that wouldn't work well for how they teach.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Sunday Bump,

Sounds like we have quite a bit of .22lr available and the 4-H'ers will find out about this availability in the next month.

If you know of a specific need, post it up or pm me and I'll edit the OP in case someone pops in and doesn't read the entire thread.

It would be awesome if we could get some of the 4-h, camp, scout, etc contacts to make an INGO account and post their own needs in this thread. This would bring them into the INGO gun community and network to make us all stronger. That would be ideal, but if they're not up to creating an account, however it gets done works.

Keep up the good work!

(I have an email in to the hoosier trails boyscout council offering our support, will update as they reply. I have also contacted Greene county 4h rifle bigwig and should have that taken care of)

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    How many rounds per shooter for .22? (ballpark number)

We are figuring each child will go thru about 100 to 200 of .22lr. So for 25 we would need about 5K and for 50 close to 10K. Members of NWI are willing to donate we are just having a hard time finding the ammo. :xmad:

So far we have 3075 + 700 (got a donation from the local gun shop today).
    We are all set on 20ga and the .223 is still up in the air but that is getting easier to find. Any donations will help. This is the 1st year we are doing this with DNR WINAMAC.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I will keep my eyes open but I am all but out of .22LR now. No 20 ga at all, neveer owned one. will need to check my .223 rem supply and see. I know no reloads which really limits my ability to help at this point.

update 26MAR13, received a very nice Thank You note from the Vigo Co 4H shooting Sports program with signatures of all involved covering it and a little hand written note thanking me for allowing them to continue doing what they do. It is better for me to see this than it was to have those for myself. Maybe I won't be shooting my .22's this summer much but they will for a little longer.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Bubba or Gunpowder,
    I don't get up north much, but if someone could pick it up in Tippecanoe Co., I have two bulk packs to add to the mix.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I have been in contact with the Hoosier Trails council of the Boy Scouts. They have a desperate need too for .22 to feed their summer camp programs.

They need about 20k rounds for the summer. If anyone would like to donate to the scouts, pm me.

Top Bottom