• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunpowder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Marshall County
    Any help for Montgomery County (Crawfordsville)? Hinda surprised more people are not helping in general from the INGO community. Any ideas on how to get word of this thread to the general community?

Email from Johnathon Shannon:

I received your name from Dr. Carroll. I am in charge of shooting sports (pistol & rifle) in Montgomery County (Crawfordsville).
    We have applied and received many NRA Grants but did not apply the last year because we had a small number of advanced students. Currently we have 4 students who have made it to their 4th year of shooting sports. They will be shooting Remington 700 in .308. We did not anticipate an ammunition shortage for the club but we find ourselves without ammunition. I am asking for you to put up a post on INGO requesting 400 rounds of target 308 for our 4 kids for their summer shoots. We might be able to purchase some if the price is reasonable ($15/20 rds). Unfortunately, we cannot use reloads. Thank you for any help you can provide in our quest to get ammunition by May 28.

Follow up email: I left some information out. We have a large supply of 22LR. We could trade a brick or two for some 308.

----------------------
    Please post if you can help and I will PM email addy.
    Mike

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ya right. Saw all the post on multiple threads of people eager to help and then when the calls come in it dries up.

I have put a lot of .22 Lr out to these programs. I will check and see if I can help you out with this. I have folks who are selling it but it is closer to 80 cents a round which is not bad for these times. My .308 reserves are not up to comfort level as I have let some go to friends.

This is the first I have heard of the need for .308
    I would ask why the parents are not stepping up as it is out there to be purchased. I see it all the time in Indy.
    I understand the .22 shortage.

PM in-bound

-CM-

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Ya right. Saw all the post on multiple threads of people eager to help and then when the calls come in it dries up.

I suggest you go to those threads and call them out. There has been some cross posting on one or two other threads. It might help them if they aren't aware of where the needs are. I found the need at the SJC 4Hers in another thread..

Gunpowder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Marshall County
    I have put a lot of .22 Lr out to these programs. I will check and see if I can help you out with this. I have folks who are selling it but it is closer to 80 cents a round which is not bad for these times. My .308 reserves are not up to comfort level as I have let some go to friends.

This is the first I have heard of the need for .308
    I would ask why the parents are not stepping up as it is out there to be purchased. I see it all the time in Indy.
    I understand the .22 shortage.

PM in-bound

-CM-

Those of you who are helping are commendedand my comments are definitly directed at you. Neither is it directed at those who don
    t have ammo or very little of it like me. I (and maybe those of you donating) was just thinking there would be more response than I saw. This is such a great community.

I received the email on 308 and posted a few days ago. I was surprised of the need too. If you find a source for 308 just pm me again and I will send you their email.

Mike

Gunpowder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Marshall County
    I suggest you go to those threads and call them out. There has been some cross posting on one or two other threads. It might help them if they aren't aware of where the needs are. I found the need at the SJC 4Hers in another thread..

Yes. I was finally able to get this as a sticky but if most are like me I ignore the stickies when surfing as they don't change much.

Sounds like the big need was Lasalle Council summer camps for .22. There is still time for those but summer will soon be here.

I will post in those other threads and see if they can help or post here since it is a sticky.

Mike

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Good grief, I just looked through the past several days of the ammo forum trying to see if I had missed this thread getting bumped. I totally missed it as a sticky.

I don't know if I would call people out in the threads. Pm them. People will see the pm's where they might totally miss the calls in the threads.

Gunpowder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Marshall County
    Good grief, I just looked through the past several days of the ammo forum trying to see if I had missed this thread getting bumped. I totally missed it as a sticky.

I don't know if I would call people out in the threads. Pm them. People will see the pm's where they might totally miss the calls in the threads.

I asked it to be a sticky. I scanned last night and couldn't find the other threads to even post the link to this sticky.

Would be nice if the mods deleted any new threads and directed them here.

FYI there are a few posts that need to be added to the first page.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I asked it to be a sticky. I scanned last night and couldn't find the other threads to even post the link to this sticky.

Would be nice if the mods deleted any new threads and directed them here.

FYI there are a few posts that need to be added to the first page.

I checked the thread and updated with sheepdog's request. Have I missed any others?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Am I the only person in Vigo County giving to the BSA & 4-H Programs?

I am no one's parent and my nephews live in Florida so I have to wonder where the parents and rest of the good folks of Vigo Co are myself. I asked both groups if anyone else has stepped up and so far it is just me pumping any and all .22 LR Ammo I am able to find to them. Maybe I am not getting the right report? :dunno:

I fully realize how little people think of me here but does that mean all the kids in my county pay the price?

My last post here too, don't need further trouble from the management.

Back to my corner now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Am I the only person in Vigo County giving to the BSA & 4-H Programs?

I am no one's parent and my nephews live in Florida so I have to wonder where the parents and rest of the good folks of Vigo Co are myself. I asked both groups if anyone else has stepped up and so far it is just me pumping any and all .22 LR Ammo I am able to find to them. Maybe I am not getting the right report? :dunno:

I fully realize how little people think of me here but does that mean all the kids in my county pay the price?

My last post here too, don't need further trouble from the management.

Back to my corner now.

I have and will continue to pass along ammo as I get it from folks who are giving it to me as I have gave most all of mine away as well. I have found some good causes in these threads and trust the party's receiving to do the right thing with it.

It is all about the kids.

Warthog, keep up the good work and expect nothing from others and you will not be disappointed.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I did put several thousand 22's on Back order with the guy who is accepting these that was posted.

First time I ever used a credit card rather than my debit card which means I can't really afford them but I do like kids.

It is all for the kids, I just don't get why some folks with them seem to think it's our responsibility to make them happy. I suspect that there are many kids in these programs with parents who own guns and have ammo. I understand wanting to keep it for shooting with your own kids but how about splitting it with those kids who may or may not have folks with the money to toss ammo into the hat?

Anyway, I plan on keep one of the seven bricks I ordered for myself.

That still leaves me quite short of what I usually plink away in a season but I already gave all of that away, even the stray boxes I wound up finding around. Don't care about that, I will shoot something else and would chip in handloads for the large rifles that are needed if they could take them since I have no factory for them to get.

I guess I just see all these folks crying for ammo for their areas and got a little upset that there wasn't even one person here other than myself, a SINGLE- None of my own CHILDREN person in VIGO county helping out this country is all. Sorry.

I know there are more than a few Vigo Co. folks here so how about it guys/gals?

yeah yeah, I posted again. :rolleyes:

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Still looking for sources for the Hoosier Burn Camp coming up the last week in May. Please PM me if possible, as I don't dig around in the forum as much as I could/should.

I havent checked yet with the Executive Director as to funds availability to make some kind of contribution back in buying them for a reduced amount...

Its very possible at this point, that they may have to just cancel this for a year until this craziness is over... if ever...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Between myself and another person we have gathered and donated over 2000 rds. of .22 lr to the BSA troop # 133 on Indy NE side.
    It is about the kids Barry........honest.

I would like to send a thank you out to ingo member Pudly for his donation.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I've yet to be able to buy a single round of .22 but as stated earlier, if the back orders really come through, I have a lot coming and according to the site, it is coming soon. I hope the site is able to cover all that has been ordered, I got my order in pretty early on after t had been posted here too. Here's hoping and if in fact I did score that much I believe I will be able to share some around. At least this is my hope.

Top Bottom