• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seabassnfg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2014
    Valpo
    You guys crack me up, I must have an iron stomach because I don't have any negative side effects post meal.

Chipotle is hands down my favorite place to get a quick bite. But I agree with what a lot of you are saying, if I can't protect myself in their restaurant, I don't really want to eat there. I am going to make an attempt to stop eating there, but until I am able to do that, I'll just conceal carry.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    You guys crack me up, I must have an iron stomach because I don't have any negative side effects post meal.

Chipotle is hands down my favorite place to get a quick bite. But I agree with what a lot of you are saying, if I can't protect myself in their restaurant, I don't really want to eat there. I am going to make an attempt to stop eating there, but until I am able to do that, I'll just conceal carry.

They aren't going to be hurt by you not eating there, or even all carriers. The real question is, do you need/want Chipotle more than Chipotle needs/wants you?

For me, there are a few restaurants that I can't go without, so I conceal and don't worry about it.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I eat there occasionly, prefer Moe's and Qdoba, never had any problems OCing in the Avon store

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    Until I hear that staff / management of Chipotles actually physically asks guests with guns to leave, I assume that the coorporate statement / request is simply an attempt to pacifiy the MDA types. I really take no offense at this, and this will not have any bearing on whether I do or don't eat at this restaraunt chain. Of course as signs have no weight of law in IN, I will be carrying concealed as always.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Weasel-worded PR releases don't carry the weight of law; therefore, Chipotle has "banned" nothing at all.

As you were, and carry on.

(See also: Starbucks, Target, etc.)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    IMO "OC activists" have probably caused more businesses to post No Firearms signs than Shannon Watts has.

[citation needed]

I hear this asserted a lot. I have yet to see even a modicum of evidence to support the assertion.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Since you're new here seabass, you might be interested in making you up some "No Guns, No Bussiness" cards to hand out to such places. If you'll search this site, I'm sure you'll find a template for them. Simply ending your patronage does not send any kind of message to a business owner. They'll have no idea that a particular policy is costing the sales.

Here's a link to the No Guns No $ cards:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/160720-no-gun-no-$-cards.html

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Shannon Watts and her group have caused more businesses to change their policies just to placate them by being such a BIG PAIN IN THE ASS!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Shannon Watts and her group have caused more businesses to change their policies just to placate them by being such a BIG PAIN IN THE ASS!

All the Demanding Mommies have accomplished thus far is to get various companies to publish "letters" asking customers not to carry. Not a single one has changed a policy in a statutorily compliant/binding manner - at least, as far as I know.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    All the Demanding Mommies have accomplished thus far is to get various companies to publish "letters" asking customers not to carry. Not a single one has changed a policy in a statutorily compliant/binding manner - at least, as far as I know.
    I guess it could be said that Starbucks policy changed from one of deferring to local laws in regards to firearm carry to one of requesting that patrons do not carry.

Albeit the request does appear to be just that and therefore non binding as in an outright ban subject to being tresspassed as you point out but IMO a policy shift nevertheless.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

Don't underestimate someone like Watts. She obviously has the experience and connection to influence corporate execs. She either knew Bloomberg back when she was a stay-at-home mom, or her methods garnered enough attention from him to get some of his money. Every little psychological win has the potential of bringing more money and influence to her group.

Currently, gun rights causes are largely beating out gun control causes, but it's never over.

I have minimized or stopped patronizing the companies that made these statements, and I let them know why.

That could be the sole reason (ie to get rid of complaints and demonstrators). Starbucks had unrequested open-carry demonstrations plus the complaints from MDA. Now they have neither.
    That's why I think it's important that these companies continue to get at least a moderate amount of communication explaining that gun owners are spending their money elsewhere.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    SOME times, the problems become problems be we, gun owners, create them ourselves stupidly attempting to make some 'public point'.

Hopefully, gun owners have learned some lessons from this, and in the future will stop shooting themselves in the foot (pun intended) to make some 'point' to those who will forever refuse to 'get it'.

There's an old adage that's appropriate here: For those who understand, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not understand, no explanation will suffice.

seabassnfg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2014
    Valpo
    SOME times, the problems become problems be we, gun owners, create them ourselves stupidly attempting to make some 'public point'.

Hopefully, gun owners have learned some lessons from this, and in the future will stop shooting themselves in the foot (pun intended) to make some 'point' to those who will forever refuse to 'get it'.

There's an old adage that's appropriate here: For those who understand, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not understand, no explanation will suffice.

Also well said. I feel like there are two types of people on this earth... People who believe in guns, and people who don't

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Meh. Qdoba is better anyway.

Never been hassled at either, when getting a Burrito fix. The hassle is usually an hour later, when the hot sauce kicks in.

Hells naw. Chipotle is Wayzata better. I like the 'doba, but chipotle has better imo

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Really??? My approach is a little different. I don't apologize to anyone for being armed. I don't hide the fact that I'm armed. In fact, I am visibly armed at all times, attire permitting. I have carried a rifle in public around the State Capitol Building in Indianapolis among other rallies and events. If all I had was a rifle and I wanted to be armed you're damn right I'd carry it - anywhere legal to do so. I'm sick and tired of the "compromises" being WE voluntarily waive OUR rights because it might make someone feel uncomfortable. I alone am responsible for MY personal safety and I will not let ANYONE tell me I can't exercise this natural right of self-preservation if an evil rifle is the only way I have do defend myself.

/rant

Top Bottom