• ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Need air compressor!

Yeah, I added a small Harbor Freight model to my reloading bench a couple of months ago, and it is totally worth it. I am not sure why I waited so long.

I use for everything, but mostly for spraying off the shellplate on my XL650 of brass shavings, spilled powder, etc. I used to use cans of compressed air, but having the air compressor there now makes so much more sense. Honestly, this should have happened a long time ago...

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-gal-13-hp-100-psi-oilless-hotdog-air-compressor-69269.html

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Yeah, I added a small Harbor Freight model to my reloading bench a couple of months ago, and it is totally worth it. I am not sure why I waited so long.

I use for everything, but mostly for spraying off the shellplate on my XL650 of brass shavings, spilled powder, etc. I used to use cans of compressed air, but having the air compressor there now makes so much more sense. Honestly, this should have happened a long time ago...

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-gal-13-hp-100-psi-oilless-hotdog-air-compressor-69269.html
    I have this same compressor under my bench for small quicky blow jobs to the LNL and other low pressure needs including airbrush use. Watch for the special sales. Mine was $35 with a hose for $6 sometime back. For the bigger blow jobs like cleaning brass I use the Ingersol T30 that's in the shop. The only thing about the little HF compressor is it is LOUD. Scares hell out of the granddaughters guinea pigs.

I went for years without a compressed air source at the bench and I don't know why. We should consider air a necessity but most of us seem to have developed a mental block to the subject.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I am not sure they are selling them any longer but, Big Dawg Tumbers are fantastic. I own one, its been perfect!! Holds more brass than any other option I have seen.

BluedSteel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2018
    Huntingburg
    Since I load in a bit greater volume than some, I've found the harbor freight electric concrete mixer, 25# of steel pins, lemeshine and dawn to be the most efficient. For what would be considered more normal volume by most, I use the model B and have for many years.

I am officially jealous. Wish I could shoot enough to need this method.

Top Bottom