• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Are you serious?! Did you not watch Parks & Rec?!

:faint:

It's Aubrey Plaza their characters were married on the show. And to save you the trouble, she's a liberal pot head, similar to Ali Shawkat.

And if you even tell you don't know who Ali Shawkat is (even after seeing her picture)... I... I... I don't even want to ponder that.

You crazy kids with all your made-up names trying to trick us GenXers. I'm not falling for it.

;)

(My oldest kid kept trying to get me to watch P&R, after she realized The Office was really funny. I just don't have time. I did know Pratt was on that, though. And, I'm passingly familiar with Arrested Development.) :D

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think they thought he was being sarcastic. :)

Seems like Bryce Howard was supportive and knew of his faith, but the other chick (who I have no idea who she is) was confused.

But, Pratt struck a REALLY good balance between humor and evangelizing. It doesn't have to be heavy, or even terribly overt. Like medicine for a dog, it can be wrapped by something more palatable. ;)

With money being Hollywood's true god, as long as he makes bank, they will tolerate his statements of faith. Further, as long as his statements remain somewhat vague, he'll be fine.

Now, let him keep talking about it, maybe the shine comes off his multiple franchise box-office draw ability a little, or heaven forbid he mentions Jesus or otherwise talks about specifics of his faith....their attitude will change.

He's already confirmed as a hunter. That can't sit too well. Should he come out and make some statements that pay lip service to leftist ideas, that'll help too. Maybe if his movies reinforce some leftist clap-trap, he'll be gold for a longer time, but not forever.

https://variety.com/2018/film/reviews/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-review-chris-pratt-1202829194/

OK, a little while longer.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are you serious?! Did you not watch Parks & Rec?!

:faint:

It's Aubrey Plaza their characters were married on the show. And to save you the trouble, she's a liberal pot head, similar to Ali Shawkat.

And if you even tell you don't know who Ali Shawkat is (even after seeing her picture)... I... I... I don't even want to ponder that.

Okay. I don't know who Ali Shawkat is.

I'm just here for the pyrotechnics.

1f00f3bd9749a7b6c3392fc763a4df9b_400x400.jpeg

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I think they thought he was being sarcastic. :)

Seems like Bryce Howard was supportive and knew of his faith, but the other chick (who I have no idea who she is) was confused.

But, Pratt struck a REALLY good balance between humor and evangelizing. It doesn't have to be heavy, or even terribly overt. Like medicine for a dog, it can be wrapped by something more palatable. ;)

Well said. I agree that the "hamburger" was probably the only way he could get the real message out. Well played Chris.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    That's refreshing. I enjoy Parks and Rec even though I've always thought the actors were liberal. April and Ron are my favorite characters.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I could not care less about he politics of an actor who I enjoy watching act. If they are entertaining, they’re entertaining.

Barbarella comes to mind.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think I had heard of Pratt before. Sounds like a fine young man. I bet his parents are proud of him.

Some of these other people. Not so much.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's okay to like Nick Offerman for his acting roles. Check him out in Fargo... great character.

It's okay to disassociate actors and whatnots from their personal lives. In fact, it's encouraged.

Top Bottom