• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    As long as you don't have to buy it. You give them a $50 amount of ammo and if prices ever get back to last year, then they are thinking, cheapskate gave me a $10 box of ammo.:laugh:

Hhhhhmmmm, spent $10 on a $50 gift? That's what I'm talkin about! 50 round boxes are easy to wrap too.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I did this about 8 years ago during the last ammo shortage. My brother had gotten his oldest boy a .22 rifle but they couldnt find ammo, so for the kids present that year I wrapped up an extra box of Federal 375 I had to spare. I figured it'd get me uncle of the year status. My brother seemed appreciative, the kid acted like I'd shorted him with a $10 box of ammo. Oh well.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I don't like people that much.....
    I'm actually one of the only gun guys in my circle of family/friends, so I may just by myself some stocking stuffers.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I did this about 8 years ago during the last ammo shortage. My brother had gotten his oldest boy a .22 rifle but they couldnt find ammo, so for the kids present that year I wrapped up an extra box of Federal 375 I had to spare. I figured it'd get me uncle of the year status. My brother seemed appreciative, the kid acted like I'd shorted him with a $10 box of ammo.  Oh well.

Jerk kid. I'd probably write him out of any future christmas lists.

AdventureTeamJoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 10, 2018
    Indy Northside
    Ammo seemed to be a popular gift request this year. FIL and brother will be getting 9mm while my nephew gets 9mm and .308. Not gonna lie, parting with good rifle caliber rounds hurts a bit.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    As long as you don't have to buy it. You give them a $50 amount of ammo and if prices ever get back to last year, then they are thinking, cheapskate gave me a $10 box of ammo.:laugh:

This is the risk I run with gifting all precious metals. Some years $100 looks like a lavish gift, this year that would 3 silver eagles or like 6 rounds of 9mm.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    I've loved receiving ammo as a gift since I was a kid, and as an adult I often give it.
    I think for those of us who have a stash, sharing a bit of that with family and friends is a fine idea.
    I know among my family and friends who shoot, it's greatly appreciated.
    In fact, the OP's post just inspired me to go make up a couple little gift packs for friends at work who shoot.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I gave out close to $800 in ammunition in today's market. Everyone loved it not one had a frown. I received many thanks even for 50rds of 9mm fmj. What use to be $10.50 a box is now around $33 a box if you can find it.

It was a great hit. I think I may do this every Christmas and birthday's.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I gave my neighbor got a couple boxes of 9mm for his CZ. He’s been trying to pay the LGS’s almost $1 per round.

Some people know and appreciate, and other won’t. But this goes for all gifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    People ask me what I want for gifts. The answer has always been ammunition. Except no one ever buys it. I told them a box of ammo is or should I say was a cheap gift that would make me happy.

Top Bottom