• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    You are doing a very noble thing for this child. I'd ignore the worthless parents. The child now has a better chance at life because of you.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You are just enabling the parents, no reason for them to pay for summer camp when someone else will foot the bill, about like giving bums money...

What makes you think these parents would suddenly become responsible is he didn't help the kids out?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I hate parents. I feel sorry for kids. I'm glad I don't work at the bus company anymore.

Me too, that's why I never became one. ;)

bmbutch, remember, you're doing this for Christ, and it's on Him to handle the rest of the details (like the parents). Trust & obey... :whistle:

Think of it as a test, if needed, are you willing to joyfully give and let God's plan happen as he wills it?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You are just enabling the parents, no reason for them to pay for summer camp when someone else will foot the bill, about like giving bums money...
    What makes you think these hedonist parents would ever choose to send their child to camp that preaches Christianity? What makes you think these parents would choose to spend any available money on their child instead of themselves?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Depends on who you are doing it for. If you are doing it for the kids, then the parents scumminess is irrelevant.

I didn't say I agree with it, just the facts, doesn't mean that I would not do it as well. We all enable even when we shouldn't at times. It is the OP's money and he can do as he sees fit.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There is a "but for" causation implied in the concept of "enabling" in that: "The parents would act better, but for the acts of someone who enables them not to."

Facts not in evidence. If the parents would act the same regardless, no one is "enabling" anything.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    You're scattering the seeds.
    Some will fall on the footpath, some on shallow soil, some among thorns, and some on fertile soil.
    Good job scattering seed, because that's what you're really doing by helping fund these youth's trip to church camp. Don't stop because there are thorns...

my :twocents:

-rvb

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Growing up we always had other kids at our house. Many were like part of the family. Fed lots of them.

I expect to do the same as my son gets older.

A former coworker had a son getting ready to enter his teens. She worked hard at making her house a place where all the kids felt safe and comfortable so that when they were older they would be ok hanging there instead of out someplace dumb and likely to get into trouble. I love that ideA and realized that was my house growing up.

Good for you.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    You're scattering the seeds.
    Some will fall on the footpath, some on shallow soil, some among thorns, and some on fertile soil.
    Good job scattering seed, because that's what you're really doing by helping fund these youth's trip to church camp. Don't stop because there are thorns...

my :twocents:

-rvb

Truth!!

Because of you OP, may these young ones fall into the fertile soil and grow in the light!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    somewhat similar story, I live in Evansville, and work in Henderson Ky, I work about 2 blocks from a grocery store, and usually buy a weeks work of lunches and keep them in the fridge at work, as I was checking out, the lady in front of me was buying noodles,ground beef, and spaghetti sauce she pulled out 2 "food stamp" cards, one from Kentucky, and one from Indiana, to pay for 5.00 worth of groceries, because one didn't have enough on it.

now what grind my gears about the whole thing, I noticed the nice tattoo on the web of her hand, the victorias secret "love pink" sweat suit, the nice purse she had, and had food stamps from 2 states to buy 5.00 worth of food!, using my tax dollars to pay for it! (I pay both taxes in both states!)

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    now what grind my gears about the whole thing, I noticed the nice tattoo on the web of her hand, the victorias secret "love pink" sweat suit, the nice purse she had, and had food stamps from 2 states to buy 5.00 worth of food!, using my tax dollars to pay for it! (I pay both taxes in both states!)

It's very tempting to judge, especially since there really are so many deadbeats out there... but you never know... the tats could have come when times were better (before layoff, divorce, etc), and the clothes/etc could have been gifts. I struggle when I see the smart phones and the associated monthly plans, etc... but again, you never know the situation...

-rvb

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    somewhat similar story, I live in Evansville, and work in Henderson Ky, I work about 2 blocks from a grocery store, and usually buy a weeks work of lunches and keep them in the fridge at work, as I was checking out, the lady in front of me was buying noodles,ground beef, and spaghetti sauce she pulled out 2 "food stamp" cards, one from Kentucky, and one from Indiana, to pay for 5.00 worth of groceries, because one didn't have enough on it.

Maybe she got a bargain at Goodwill...

I struggle at managing my money with Heaven in mind, so I'll refrain on judging others.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

No. He's enabling the kids to go to church camp. Do you really think the doper parents have a jar labeled "camp money" and once someone else pays for camp they can go ahead and raid the jar to use it for dope? No. They are going to buy dope first. The kids just won't go to camp.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    No. He's enabling the kids to go to church camp. Do you really think the doper parents have a jar labeled "camp money" and once someone else pays for camp they can go ahead and raid the jar to use it for dope? No. They are going to buy dope first. The kids just won't go to camp.

Tis is why I hate dopers all of them:xmad:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom