• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

With the guy on his knees, hands up and a state trooper yelling "don't release the dog", I think Circleville is going to be out some money on this one.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

With the guy on his knees, hands up and a state trooper yelling "don't release the dog", I think Circleville is going to be out some money on this one.
    Aw man, I have family there. Not what you expect from the home of the Pumpkin Show.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    As far as the K-9 attack goes that looks pretty brutal. Not sure what the guy did to warrant letting the K-9 loose on him. Apparently, the female cop in the video thought it was pretty brutal as well.
    I guess since he had initially tried to drive away, that made him fair game.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Was was missing was "Pop Pop" from a Trooper to that dog, and that ahole Officer taken away in handcuffs.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If so, apparently none of the troopers could see it.
    It is possible, although not probable. He did have a different angle. I'm not sure how much of a threat he could have perceived him to be though, since he ran towards the guy and had to bring the dog back to him.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Proves the dogs are racist. Cops too. For "accidentally" releasing the dog.

Who said accidentally?

Could it be bad judgment? Yes.

Could it be something he knew / saw, that the camera didn't? Yes.

Could it be racist? Yes.

The first 72 hours after an incident have a lot of conjecture and very little fact. When will we (as in all people) ever understand this?

Never let facts get in the way of a chance to riot and loot.

It seems that you believe absolute statements can be true. "Proves the dogs are racist. Cops too."

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    As far as the K-9 attack goes that looks pretty brutal. Not sure what the guy did to warrant letting the K-9 loose on him. Apparently, the female cop in the video thought it was pretty brutal as well.

I would respectfully disagree with that being brutal compared to feral dog attacks or other K9 bites with a violently combative person.

Sadly, many people will have that same emotional assessment as that cop's emotional reaction. That will likely be used to stir up the emotions of anyone watching this as well.

If you cannot control your emotions to a mildly unpleasant event (compared to a severe dog attack by a feral dog, compared to a death, compared to a car wreck with multiple bodies, compared to the death of a child) then you don't belong in public safety.

Again, never let facts get in the way of a good riot with looting.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    And rightfully so. Unless there is something significant we can't see on the video this is appalling. The cop who released the dog should face some serious questions.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I would respectfully disagree with that being brutal compared to feral dog attacks or other K9 bites with a violently combative person.

Sadly, many people will have that same emotional assessment as that cop's emotional reaction. That will likely be used to stir up the emotions of anyone watching this as well.

If you cannot control your emotions to a mildly unpleasant event (compared to a severe dog attack by a feral dog, compared to a death, compared to a car wreck with multiple bodies, compared to the death of a child) then you don't belong in public safety.

Again, never let facts get in the way of a good riot with looting.
    Not sure if you are insinuating that I think riots and looting should be justified over this incident. I mentioned that I wasn't sure what warranted the K-9 but it can be perceived as a brutal attack as evidenced by the female cop's reaction. I also made no mention of race.

Last edited:

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Not sure if you are insinuating that I think riots and looting should be justified over this incident. I mentioned that I wasn't sure what warranted the K-9 but it can be perceived as a brutal attack as evidenced by the female cop's reaction. I also made no mention of race.

What I was trying to say (sometimes it's hard to get the nuance across by keyboard) is that calling it brutal seems a bit strong compared to truly brutal events. I was also trying to be polite, and when typed out being polite can make the intent unclear......at least when I type. :dunno:

I was also trying to (politely) point out that the female cop (anyone in public safety) need to have better control of their emotional expression. That section of the clip you commented (accurately) on - the female cop's reaction - will be used by others to stress how evil ALL cops are and even she was horrified and has PTSD over the incident. A bit of exaggeration on my part.

I never said you mentioned race. I re-read my post (the one that was quoting you) to see if something I typed could insinuate that. I didn't see anything. The article made race an issue. Not your post.

-----

I probably should have put spaces or a horizontal line before the last sentence. That wasn't intended to be directed to you. It was more of a general statement.

Top Bottom