• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    To all those who celebrate the Nativity of the Theotokos today, even if some have added some extra reasons to the celebration in the 19th century :stickpoke:, have a blessed feast day.

To all those Protestants out there, since the Bible says all generations will call me (Mary) Blessed, this is one day you can do so along with all the Catholics and Orthodox of various stripes :)

The readings for today should be read by all Christians for they tell us why Mary should be blessed besides the obvious verse that says so.

Luke 1:39-56
    Luke 10:38-42, 27-28

Gabriel does it, Elizabeth does it and Christ himself gives us the reason for doing so in vs 28.

So repeat after me....

O Theotokos And Virgin, Rejoice, Mary, Full Of Grace, The Lord Is With Thee; Blessed Art Thou Among Women, And Blessed Is The Fruit Of Thy Womb, For Thou Hast Borne The Saviour Of Our Souls.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Don't forget your Driver's License and SSN, if they weren't already leaked to someone (which they probably were), probably have now.

I'm not really an end-times kind of guy, but:
    - 3 Atlantic hurricanes at the same time (a pretty rare event)
    - Massive earthquake hits Mexico (8+ on the Richter scale is a big deal)
    - North Korea nukes
    - Middle East nightmarishness
    - Our own leadership issues
    - Growing lack of... morality, for lack of a better word

I know we don't know the time in the night, but it seems like sometimes you can hear a window break.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I'm not really an end-times kind of guy, but:
    - 3 Atlantic hurricanes at the same time (a pretty rare event)
    - Massive earthquake hits Mexico (8+ on the Richter scale is a big deal)
    - North Korea nukes
    - Middle East nightmarishness
    - Our own leadership issues
    - Growing lack of... morality, for lack of a better word

I know we don't know the time in the night, but it seems like sometimes you can hear a window break.

I sat down with Auggie the other day. (Augustine of Hippo) and started reading De Civitate Dei for this very reason.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I sat down with Auggie the other day. (Augustine of Hippo) and started reading De Civitate Dei for this very reason.
    Indeed, that's not a bad idea.

Probably good to remember that this isn't the first epoch to wonder about these things. :)

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    EndIsNear1.jpg

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Indeed, that's not a bad idea.

Probably good to remember that this isn't the first epoch to wonder about these things. :)

I was researching the Battle of Crecy last night. ( 1346 AD ). I wonder what it would have been like to be a survivor of this battle, only to go home and have half to all of my home town wiped out by the Black Death a couple of years later.

We are too attenuated to our own self importance. Things have been bad before. Much worse, in fact.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    https://www.amazon.com/D-1000-World-Brink-Apocalypse/dp/1569751579

Get a copy and read it.

published just in time for the 2000 hype.

3“Take heed, keep on the alert; for you do not know when the appointed time will come. 34“It is like a man away on a journey, who upon leaving his house and putting his slaves in charge, assigning to each one his task, also commanded the doorkeeper to stay on the alert. 35“Therefore, be on the alert—for you do not know when the master of the house is coming, whether in the evening, at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or in the morning— 36in case he should come suddenly and find you asleep. 37“What I say to you I say to all, ‘Be on the alert!’”

Anyone who gets anymore worked up today than they did 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 years ago has it all wrong.

You are to be just as ready then as you are now. Not watching the signs and making predictions.

If you want to get right, start here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepsis

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, sometimes I wonder (probably related to St. Augustine's analysis of the topics) if these big events/series of events serve as a reminder that the Master will indeed return. To borrow and expand a bit on the notion of leaving the servants in charge, I can imagine that every time a traveler or caravan appeared in the distance, the servants would speculate and make ready.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I have to get the word out before Sept 23rd

This morning my daily readings were from Luke 3, the genealogy of Joseph.

Most times reading genealogies seems boring but today I have made two great discoveries.

1. Luke may have written a gospel in Spanish that has been lost.
    2. Jesus had access to the internet.

I base these claims on Luke 3:28. I found that several English translations have butchered the original but the KJV has once again proved to be the most faithful translation of the Original language although there is still remains a one letter corruption. If only I can get this message out to the world before it ends on Sept 23.

Please retweet this message to Twitter and like it on Instagram and Facebook for the time is nigh.

Luke 3:28 the son of Melki, the son of Addi, the son of Cosam, the son of Elmadam, the son of Er,

Remember it's Bible code. I have now discovered the hidden meaning.....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok. I really want to be in on this joke, but... even after looking at the text, I can't figure it out.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Lay down that Jerusalem or NAB or NAB(RE) you have and look at it in the KJV. Remember, in the ancient Greek Manuscripts that the letters fall one after the other (No spaces) such that the Translators must decide where to add punctuation and word separation then it will all become clear. BUT you only have until Sept 23rd to figure it out so make sure you are at full speed (56k).

Ok. I really want to be in on this joke, but... even after looking at the text, I can't figure it out.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Lay down that Jerusalem or NAB or NAB(RE) you have and look at it in the KJV. Remember, in the ancient Greek Manuscripts that the letters fall one after the other (No spaces) such that the Translators must decide where to add punctuation and word separation then it will all become clear. BUT you only have until Sept 23rd to figure it out so make sure you are at full speed (56k).
    Ok.

But is this like one of those posters in the mall back in the 80s, where you have to kinda look at it and blur your vision for it to work?

That never did work for me.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Perhaps you should buy my book and the DVD I am working on for release. Hopefully to be out by Sept 22nd.

Ok.

But is this like one of those posters in the mall back in the 80s, where you have to kinda look at it and blur your vision for it to work?

That never did work for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom