CIVIL RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION: All things Islam...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Isn't that just right liberal of them calling for the protection of religion. Somehow I doubt that they have in mind to start affording protections to any religions other than Islam.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Wow...I am 51 this month and have got to really look to find a grey hair....He is in his early 40's and looks like Cat Stevens and Steve Martin had a love child...I can only reach one conclusion...Supporting terrorism is good for the hair dye industry.......:)

Anjem_Choudary_3398337b.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow...I am 51 this month and have got to really look to find a grey hair....He is in his early 40's and looks like Cat Stevens and Steve Martin had a love child...I can only reach one conclusion...Supporting terrorism is good for the hair dye industry.......:)

Pffft... braggart! I started going gray in my mid to late 20's. And I have never, nor will I ever, tried to hide it with dye. I have a friend that is about a year older than me and his hair is a color of black darker than anything found in nature. I've known him since we were toddlers, and he never had black hair. I don't know who he thinks he's fooling. :):

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

He needs some "Just for Jihad" hair color......... Loreal makes some.....

osama_binladen_prefers_loreal_hair_color.jpg

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I work at a medical practice that has 2 Pakistani, one Iranian and one Syrian doctors.
    The Iranian has been here since he was a child and is thoroughly Americanized. One Pakistani and the Syrian are practicing Islam's and go to their Mosque every Friday. The Syrian doctor is in his mid 30s and is very easy going and funny. The Pakistani is in his 60s and is a stick in the mud (guess who I work with!). He barely cracks a smile.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    can an argument be made that Islam is a religion of peace that shuns those that are "radical"?

Who's doing most of the ground fighting and providing ground level intel against ISIS?
    Who did Jordan bomb?
    Who's running the anti-radicalization efforts, both in person and online?

The majority of Muslims are like the majority of every other religion. Pretty secular, mostly worried about their own day to day affairs of work, money, family, etc. instead of global concerns, and "doing something" is confined to watching the news, discussing, and hand wringing. There's also sizable groups of influencers that are much more concerned with orthodoxy instead of orthopraxy, (in my opinion, also a widespread issue with all organized religions). I saw significant amounts of time spent my imams arguing about evolution vs creation (gosh, that sounds familiar, eh?) instead of anything that matters in practice. So much time is spent making sure you believe the right thing that not much is left for doing the right thing. I suspect this is because it's easy to be "right" and requires so little effort. I can feel all religiously fulfilled arguing about if Noah literally built a boat for a floating zoo and it requires no action on my part other than talk, it causes no repercussions other than talk, and even if I'm wrong there's no risk. It's much simpler and requires much less than working with the poor and at risk, informing on suspected radicals (both because you could be in danger and because what if you're wrong), etc.

As practiced by Mohammed and as laid out in the Quran, Islam is a religion that recognizes violence must sometimes be used because pacifists are overran and destroyed by those who aren't. Anyone who carries a gun, regardless of religion or lack thereof, has already arrived at the same conclusion. It is also a religion that lays strict rules for when violence is allowed, is clear that non-combatants aren't to be targeted, that justice, mercy, and charity are virtues of the highest order, etc. We should strive to be peaceful, but we must also recognize evil triumphs when good does nothing, and that it is the duty of the strong to protect the weak.

At it's most basic level, Islam has five tenants. Believe in one God and that Mohammed is his prophet (note, not his only prophet), Pray to God, Be Charitable with those in need, Fast (as a means of both self discipline and to gain empathy with the poor who don't have enough to eat, drink, etc.), and to make the Pilgrimage to Mecca.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Who's doing most of the ground fighting and providing ground level intel against ISIS?
    Who did Jordan bomb?
    Who's running the anti-radicalization efforts, both in person and online?

The majority of Muslims are like the majority of every other religion. Pretty secular, mostly worried about their own day to day affairs of work, money, family, etc. instead of global concerns, and "doing something" is confined to watching the news, discussing, and hand wringing. There's also sizable groups of influencers that are much more concerned with orthodoxy instead of orthopraxy, (in my opinion, also a widespread issue with all organized religions). I saw significant amounts of time spent my imams arguing about evolution vs creation (gosh, that sounds familiar, eh?) instead of anything that matters in practice. So much time is spent making sure you believe the right thing that not much is left for doing the right thing. I suspect this is because it's easy to be "right" and requires so little effort. I can feel all religiously fulfilled arguing about if Noah literally built a boat for a floating zoo and it requires no action on my part other than talk, it causes no repercussions other than talk, and even if I'm wrong there's no risk. It's much simpler and requires much less than working with the poor and at risk, informing on suspected radicals (both because you could be in danger and because what if you're wrong), etc.

As practiced by Mohammed and as laid out in the Quran, Islam is a religion that recognizes violence must sometimes be used because pacifists are overran and destroyed by those who aren't. Anyone who carries a gun, regardless of religion or lack thereof, has already arrived at the same conclusion. It is also a religion that lays strict rules for when violence is allowed, is clear that non-combatants aren't to be targeted, that justice, mercy, and charity are virtues of the highest order, etc. We should strive to be peaceful, but we must also recognize evil triumphs when good does nothing, and that it is the duty of the strong to protect the weak.

At it's most basic level, Islam has five tenants. Believe in one God and that Mohammed is his prophet (note, not his only prophet), Pray to God, Be Charitable with those in need, Fast (as a means of both self discipline and to gain empathy with the poor who don't have enough to eat, drink, etc.), and to make the Pilgrimage to Mecca.

I don't think you understand Islam.

Your first few questions are geared at showing that Muslims are fighting what we consider radical Muslims. What I believe you are not grasping is that Muslims have been fighting for centuries. All we've done is in power the side that right now is least offensive to us. Don't think that those people are safe. Or on our side. The majority of Muslims are not like the majority of other religions. This is exactly what is trying to be expressed. You cannot simply have a reform of Islam. There is nothing in a westerners possession that matters as much as the Quran does to a Muslim that is not made of Flesh and Bone. We simply cannot understand how important it is to them. It is not like the Bible. Christians believe that the Bible is the word of God period but they do believe there is a difference between the Bible and God. The Quran is not so much that way. The Quran is to the Muslim what Jesus is to the Christian. We would not accept a Reformation of Jesus.

I'm also going to put into question your so-called strict rules for violence. I can refute this, but I'd kind of like to have you substantiate it with verses from the Quran. I don't say that to be a jerk. It just seems to me that somebody else might want to get in that book and see exactly what's going on.

What is a non-combatant? And how would they not be targeted?
    What is justice?
    What is Mercy?
    What is Charity, virtue?
    These words just do not mean the same to a Muslim as they mean to you and I.

I would argue that your attempt to minimize Islam to five basic tenants misses Many valuable insights. It Bears noting that the Quran is largely an oral text. That is unlike the Bible, which is absolutely written text. You cannot simply burn the Quran away, it is memorized from youth.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom