CIVIL RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION: All things Islam...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    He has been somewhat active in the various "religion" threads, and has articulated in support of his faith on numerous occasions.

Ah, gotcha. Guess I don't read into it that much.

Sometimes I remember who's LEO, or a lawyer... but don't really keep a spreadsheet of member's religion/race/heritage.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I don't think you understand Islam.

You would be very, very, very, very, very wrong....

BBI is a good friend and one to ride the river or share a fire with.....I have many veterans that come in my shop that count Muslim's as some of their closest friends (brothers in arms really)........

The good news is BBI is a great human being and he will not be a jerk about this......I promise you interesting is all it will be...And perhaps a little educational as well....:)

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ah, gotcha. Guess I don't read into it that much.

Sometimes I remember who's LEO, or a lawyer... but don't really keep a spreadsheet of member's religion/race/heritage.

Heck, I think he even had a thread talking about his travels in the mideast and his family members there. It was very cool.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Friendship.....:ingo:

Well, sure. But the vast majority of people here haven't met each other. I've met very few at one meet-and-eat, and a couple more at the gun show.

Some of you have certainly done far more outside the forum. I wouldn't consider it a norm to expect from everyone

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Neat, will check it out further. Sort of sounds familiar...

It's arguably one of the best threads we have had...BBI was real good at keeping us up to date and he, like sylvain, can make you feel like you are there...He even brought my wife back a rock from the Moses Tree and the Jordan River as well (IIRC)....She keeps them on the mantle at our farm house....

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Well, sure. But the vast majority of people here haven't met each other. I've met very few at one meet-and-eat, and a couple more at the gun show.

Some of you have certainly done far more outside the forum. I wouldn't consider it a norm to expect from everyone

I've never met you, yet I know quite a bit about you.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

It's not GP and I didn't mean to imply that it was...That's the problem with a one word post I guess lol...Mea Culpa brother...

We became friends because we could not understand what the other was saying in a thread long ago...We met and then understood..

Been friends ever since....You can tell because of the inordinate amount of grief we give each other...So much so that CM told me one time, "Do you realize how many PM's I get where someone is saying you and BBI are ragging each other and they are scared it's gonna get out of hand and I have to explain that it's just the way you two hillbillies act?":)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wonderful.

:ugh:

Well, this may get interesting.

Heh, no offense taken. You'll pardon me if I simply refer you to other threads where this conversation has played out multiple times instead of reinventing the wheel. There is no support for terrorism in the Quran, quite the opposite. Rules for combat are laid out simply and non-combatants are defined. Simply using the search feature should direct you to my posts on the subject. I'd also recommend you read: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0860374165/ if you want a better understanding of what the Quran is and what it actually says. Note that Islam is not monolithic, and different "schools" do interpret passages in different ways. A Sufi and a Wahabi will not agree on the meanings of certain passages.

What I will address is your belief the Quran is "like Jesus" in Islam. It's not. The Quran is the final of the "holy books", and is the word of God. The Bible (although typically called "Gospels") and the Torah are also holy books. The main point of contention between the Bible and the Quran is the divinity of Jesus. To be Christian is to believe Jesus is God, or at least some part of the infinite in ways men are not. In Islam, Jesus is recognized as a prophet, but is the son of God only in the way all men are, not as divine in and of himself and worthy of worship. There is no trinity in Islam, and it's specifically preached against.

Islam is an Abrahamic religion, as is Judaism and Christianity. Adam was the first prophet, the first man that God revealed his "how to live" instructions to. Prophets continue to appear as mankind is ready for the next lesson (or needs a reminder) and per the needs of the given people. Abraham, Moses, Noah, Jesus, Isaac, etc are all recognized as earlier prophets of God in the Quran, and that there message was from God and was relevant and important to mankind at the time of their revelation. We must recognize that God is infinite and we are finite. No man, and prophets are men, can know or understand all that is God, we can only approach him piece by piece and build our understanding. We can never really understand what God is, we can only understand the analogies that work in our own limited mind. Thus there is no single prophet, and no single prophet is the most important.

So, there is no "Jesus figure" in Islam, certainly not a book, in the sense that he (it) would share a spot of worship or receive prayer in place of God. God shares that spot with no one and no thing, as encapsulated in "There is no god but God, and Mohammed is his prophet", the first tenant of Islam.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We became friends because we could not understand what the other was saying in a thread long ago...We met and then understood..

Been friends ever since....You can tell because of the inordinate amount of grief we give each other...So much so that CM told me one time, "Do you realize how many PM's I get where someone is saying you and BBI are ragging each other and they are scared it's gonna get out of hand and I have to explain that it's just the way you two hillbillies act?":)

Hah, very cool.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Hah, very cool.

Here's a pic someone snapped of us the last time we got together.....:)

tucker.jpg

Top Bottom