• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    He fought the Japanese...Or thought he did...

tumblr_ol9qkeoiKk1szqwnwo1_500.jpg

giphy.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Interesting article...for reasons other than the Trump claim:

[FONT=&amp]“For the White House or any administration official to try and influence who the IRS targets, for whatever reason, is wrong and could result in a violation of the law,” said Larry Noble, a former general counsel of the Federal Election Commission. “The IRS must make these decisions independently without any influence by the White House or administration officials.”[/FONT]

Clearly, a new rule.[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
    And this...great sourcing:

[FONT=&amp]Twitter messages from a Trump family friend and top official at the Department of Housing and Urban Development claim that Trump and his family "couldn't agree more" that the church should lose its tax-exempt status.[/FONT]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Scientology is a hoot. Has anyone ever met a scientologist in your local community?
    Does it matter?

I don't believe I've ever met a Zoroastrian, either. Or a Klingon.

But, .gov deciding what and what is not a legitimate religion is a risky proposition.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Does it matter?

I don't believe I've ever met a Zoroastrian, either. Or a Klingon.

But, .gov deciding what and what is not a legitimate religion is a risky proposition.

Since there has been tax exempt status and conscientious objectors, the government has had a role in determining what is a legitimate religion this isn't new....and Trump never said it anyway, at least in any way that is journalistically reliable.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Since there has been tax exempt status and conscientious objectors, the government has has role in determining what is a legitimate religion this isn't new....and Trump never said it anyway, at least in any way that is journalistically reliable.
    Reversing course on a recognized religion would be, I think. ;)

Sovereign citizens, perhaps, notwithstanding.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Reversing course on a recognized religion would be, I think. ;)

Sovereign citizens, perhaps, notwithstanding.
    Since Scientology only obtained tax exempt status after years of repeated findings by the IRS that they were a commercial enterprise and not a religion, I believe it would be reversing course on reversing course.

I generally have a great deal of disdain for the IRS, but their capitulation to Scientology in return for lawsuits being dropped makes me hate them so much.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Southpark's Scientology episode was possibly one of their best works.

Some belated rep for a true post (If only they could ever show the Super Best Friends episode again.....

I am surprised at the number of Trump haters in the comment section say they can finally agree with the President on something.......

Scientology is not a religion IMHO....

Let's just hope Xenu doesn't respond....:)

tumblr_mpfqkpmvvv1qm3ypqo1_500.gif

Hey, we'd be joining the likes of NATO ally Germany(TrumpHaters like Merkle right?). They don't take kindly to Scientology and haven't let their past history influence them otherwise.

Also Leah Remani has a really nice.....show about this.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    How did I miss this topic??

In my opinion, L Ron Hubbard was a horrible, hackneyed writer with delusions of grandeur, who was clearly teeming with a variety of insecurities and feelings of inadequacy. The fraud he instituted with his absurd, self-aggrandizing, money-making scheme hurts primarily stupid, gullible people who are free to choose (initially), but it troubles me when children are immersed in that dangerous nonsense by their horrible parents. They are all very much victims of child abuse.

I cringe when I hear scientologists and even former scientologists use the phrase "the church." Not only is that crap not THE church, it's not even A church.

Top Bottom