• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I wanna see if there is any interest. Im thinking of hosting a Ghillie making coarse. Im tired of seeing all the name brand expenssive crap that doesnt work and people waisting their money (hundreds of dollars). i will give people a list of what to buy and bring to the class and then I will show you how to put it together so we will do it as a team and by the end of class you will have your own custom Ghillie, built just as i learned it as a Army Sniper, and better quality than store or internet bought crap. I dont want anyones money, i am happy to pass on my knowledge free of charge. The only thing we will need is a place on the southside of indy to host this since its colder outside, during better weather outside is great. It will need to be a ventilated area as we will be using certain materials with fumes.
    so if we can find that and some people interested then we will have a class. PM me if you wanna sign up. if we have to have more than one class to get everyone through then thats perfect, no problem.
    we can go cam up weapons too if you want, all up to you that wanna be in the class. im open to suggestions.

In the spring i would like to host some tactical shooting classes, if there is any interest. again no pay required, just bring your own lunch and gear.

Im just tired of seeing too many high priced classes. I dont see the point in charging hundreds of dollars to train CQB or armorers courses to people as long as they bring their own gear. I will teach you the Spec Ops way with combat proven results, or you can go learn the other way from a book or video. just trying to pay it foreward.

Law abiding citizens with no criminal history need only apply. I wont teach to criminals.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Thanks for the offer, but a ghillie suit would have to be pretty much completely based off the directly-surrounding environment, so coloration would depend on locale... so a suit one makes indoors, even with cool stencils and custom colors might not match where it will be put to use, would it not?

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Acutally most are made with a existing palette of colors commonly found in most "camo" patterns, which are in turn based on colors that may naturally occur in predetermined area.. Hence if the Ghillie was made for fielding in Indiana the base colors of jute would only provide the means of breaking up the persons outline. Natural vegetation from the specific AO would further enhance the effectiveness of the Ghillie...

I myself will keep up with this and if my schedule permits I will help out on this class if invited to...

I will also being providing a class in the summer on a few topics, including range estimation, land nav (night and day), and other basic topics.. Mainly to get a few others out there a foundation and keep the basics sharp in my mind..

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Acutally most are made with a existing palette of colors commonly found in most "camo" patterns, which are in turn based on colors that may naturally occur in predetermined area.. Hence if the Ghillie was made for fielding in Indiana the base colors of jute would only provide the means of breaking up the persons outline. Natural vegetation from the specific AO would further enhance the effectiveness of the Ghillie...

I myself will keep up with this and if my schedule permits I will help out on this class if invited to...

I will also being providing a class in the summer on a few topics, including range estimation, land nav (night and day), and other basic topics.. Mainly to get a few others out there a foundation and keep the basics sharp in my mind..

Thanks for the clarification.
    Might just attend. :yesway::yesway:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

yep. right on man. I would love to have your help!! thanks! :rockwoot:

Balinor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    i am in

I am in if it fits my time table !! Glad to see someone helping, not for profit of the material kind!!

P.S. I may have one or two others again depending on date.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I'm in, and since you're hosting this class for free, I've got a free seat in my next class for you... your choice CPR, First Aid, Medical, Advanced Medical, Trauma, or Advanced Trauma.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm in, and since you're hosting this class for free, I've got a free seat in my next class for you... your choice CPR, First Aid, Medical, Advanced Medical, Trauma, or Advanced Trauma.

im a certified first responder, but I am always up for keeping my skills fresh. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! i look foreward to seeing you at the class, and also to take yours. Ive read a lot of good things about your classes on here, and was thinking of taking one anyways, so thank you for your kindness.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    If you army boys make your gillie's like the Marines I can donate some supplies. I have several rolls of stripped burlap in different colors, military surplus fish neting, some paint, shoe goo.....

Top Bottom