• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Ok, been talking with ranger and here's what we've come up with. Because we are sharing some info aquired through military training and experience and we aren't charging you for it we'd like folks who want to attend to send (pm me) a short paragraph or two stating why you want to attend and what you plan to use your ghillier suit for. Tentative dates would be a Saturday 20th of November, or Sat. 27 of November.

Here is a list of what each person would need to bring, we are hoping to limit the class to around 10 people the first time out and plan on doing more than one.

Keep in mind you probably won't finish this in one day during the class, you'll have to take it home to finish.

$25 - for jute and other supplies coming from ranger and I (if you bring all your own stuff no need for this)
    1 set - BDUs, DCU's, OD flight suit or equivalent (my personal recommendation in DCU, but I can't speak for Ranger)
    1 bonnie style hat
    Canvas - for padding (an army duffle bag will work)
    Sharp set of scissors

If you don't plan on buying stuff from us you will also need.

Jute (recommend lighter colors; tan etc. burplap feed sacks work well)
    Shoo Goo (lots)
    1in netting

Optional Stuff

Suspenders
    Sewing Kit
    Extra canvas or uniform material for pockets
    550 cord
    Spray paint (tan or OD)

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    so the $25 covers just the jute? or all the clothing as well?

jute, shoe glue, fishing line, netting, canvas, paint, die (that we have to use to pre-dye stuff), etc.

basicly the $25 per person just makes sure that we arent out any expensses ourselves as the instructors. EVERYONE will need to bring your own set of pants, blouse OR flight suit in addition to the $25 (if your using our materials). and I recommend you get a size bigger than you would usualy wear that way you can wear clothes under your ghillie, unless you wanna go commando :):

if you are able to find your own matterials as listed and tools (contact us for a detailed list) then you will not need to pay the $25. but we will need to know ahead of time who is paying and who is not that way we make sure to have enough materials at the class to provide for those who are paying. Also since we the instructors will have out of pocket expenses up front, please show up if you say you will. also because we have a VERY long list of people wanting to attend these classes and want to make sure all spaces are filled and dont want any spots wasted on a no show. please respect our time. Also we are not teaching this craft to sponsor any illegal activity, so use your ghillie responsibly. The ghilie alone doesnt make you undetectable anyways so dont be stupid.

hope this info helps. PM us with more questions if you have any so we can answer them timely.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Because we are sharing some info aquired through military training and experience and we aren't charging you for it we'd like folks who want to attend to send (pm me) a short paragraph or two stating why you want to attend and what you plan to use your ghillier suit for. Tentative dates would be a Saturday 20th of November, or Sat. 27 of November.

DNR: Hunting & Trapping Seasons (2010 - 2011)

Firearms
    Nov 13, 2010 - Nov 28, 2010​

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Interested but planning on hunting the weekend of the 20th if not both....maybe next time.

That will give me time to pretty up my paragraph past "So the zombies won't see me coming"

;)

Top Bottom