• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've heard lots of horror stories about Classic, but (knock wood), I've had good luck with them on the few guns I've bought from them. Their prices on their milsurps have gone crazy though. I got one of their Beretta 81's and it looked almost new even without the hand pick option.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've heard lots of horror stories about Classic, but (knock wood), I've had good luck with them on the few guns I've bought from them. Their prices on their milsurps have gone crazy though. I got one of their Beretta 81's and it looked almost new even without the hand pick option.

People did have good luck with those 81's it seems.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I was excited about the surplus military rifles that were found in Africa a while back, and then I found out they had all been sold to Classic. There is a great video put out by them where they show off what they have, talk about what great condition they are all in, and then they hold them up to the camera and you can see all of the pitting and lack of finish. What a farce, no thanks.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They put those videos out when they are about to sell out and need to get rid of the dregs...

A lot of those have been pretty nasty. I'm on their e-mail list, I got one recently that had nice Sig 226, 228, and 225's for sale, I went to the link immediately and they all said sold out, what did they have maybe one of each lol.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    A lot of those have been pretty nasty. I'm on their e-mail list, I got one recently that had nice Sig 226, 228, and 225's for sale, I went to the link immediately and they all said sold out, what did they have maybe one of each lol.

Same thing with some Beretta .380's. By the time I got the email they were sold out. You almost have to have them as your home page and refresh constantly to see what comes in....if you're that interested.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Same thing with some Beretta .380's. By the time I got the email they were sold out. You almost have to have them as your home page and refresh constantly to see what comes in....if you're that interested.

I remember those .380's as well but yeah i'm typically not that interested but I would have ordered one of those Sigs.

sngehl01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2018
    Elizabeth
    Had similar situation in the past (not a gun purchase, but otherwise identical) and I had to finally open a dispute to get it resolved. Always use a CC online, IMO. Hope you get it lined out.

fuddus99

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Lawrence, IN
    Sucks about the situation with the surplus, +1 on disputing the charge.

I'm more interested in how Classic can afford all these giveaways they do every week or so. Pretty sure over the course of the last 3 months they've given away new guns valued at over $30k total.

Not to bust out the tinfoil hat, but something seems fishy with them... and shady stuff like this surplus sale adds fuel to that fire.

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    Sweaty Ben, at it again

I've only bought from them twice and the first time was to buy my first pistol, a Bulgy Makarov, and it was a decent experience, relatively no issues. The Mak I got was actually an Izzy manufacture, which they did have as an option to be a hand picked, but I just went with a base purchase so I guess the picker messed up or something. The Mak was good and made me think they weren't that bad, but then I tried to buy extra mags for the Mak and they were advertised as surplus mags, but when I got them it was obvious they were different due to the floorplate. They were very low quality mags and not surplus. After about 3 months he feed lips warped and made them almost useless, causing the only jams the Mak has ever seen.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Got an email today from Classic, you can get some Wolf or PMC 5.56 for 400.00 to 500.00 per 1000rd/case respectively, i'd use a slingshot before i'd pay that, lol.

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    I'm more interested in how Classic can afford all these giveaways they do every week or so. Pretty sure over the course of the last 3 months they've given away new guns valued at over $30k total.

Not to bust out the tinfoil hat, but something seems fishy with them... and shady stuff like this surplus sale adds fuel to that fire.

I think it's some tax write off stuff, but in the end it almost impossible for an average person to win them because of how they do their point system with shares, leading it to be more skewed towards people with large facebook followings to just dump the link in.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've noticed that Sweaty Ben has been noticeably absent from their promo emails lately. Now it's "Cliff". I wonder if they started seeing people talking about Sweaty Ben on social media and decided to keep him hidden.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I have an open ammo order with them. I assume the worst they can do is mangle the boxes and take forever, but I'm not trying to challenge them to mine new depths.

My rule: I'll order commodity parts online even if a retailer is sketchy if the price is decent and there's little to no chance I'll need to return. Otherwise, I buy where service matters. That means locally in most cases to me. I need to be close enough to some place that I can raise a stink if necessary.

tribeofham

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Fishers
    I recently had the exact same experience with Classic. I'm done with this company. I'm out a whopping $90 on a return (they charged me $60 for the return shipping + $30 transfer).

I've always loved Swiss Schmidt Ruben rifles. The only two I'm missing from my collection is the 1911 and Kadet so when the 1911's were back in stock I decided to go for it. Based on the description, the accompanying video, user reviews, and my buddy who purchased the same rifle through Classic last year, I set my expectations accordingly. I also paid an extra $20 for the hand select option, even though I think it's utter BS when everyone else does, too.

When the rifle arrived it was immediately apparent something was wrong. There was rust everywhere. Some was a light surface rust, some developed pitting near the stock. The bore was abysmal, over of the worst examples of any gun I've ever seen. The bolt handles were both broken, these are downright impossible to replace. I felt ripped off.

Whether or not this was a bad batch or a collection of returns, Classic used the same product page as their premium examples. I find this to be shady and dishonest to their customers. Furthermore, I left a 1 star review 2 weeks ago that was never posted. In fact, every 4 or 5 star review has always been posted. Some 3 star and all 2 star and below reviews have not. They're obviously skewing their ratings and reviews, another tick in the box for their dishonest business practices.

From now on, I will spend the extra money and only make purchases for the actual gun I will be buying. I will no longer rely on the honesty of the seller and the luck of the draw. Classic is the shady used car business of the gun world. View attachment 85945 View attachment 85946 View attachment 85947

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    F3yMSMB.jpg
    5twqg8w.jpg

Attachments

• gde.jpg
      gde.jpg
      13.3 KB · Views: 4