• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    another vote from someone that will never buy anything from them again. bought one of their T56 sks offerings at the higher price from their initial offering last year and it came to me looking like it got dragged behind a truck for 100 miles. it's still in cosmoline in my garage and I'm on the fence if i'm going to take the time to de-spluge it or not.

might just give it to a homeless person to use to protect their under-bridge real estate...all they really need is the bayonet, anyway.:spend:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    shipment of 2000 rds of Geco .22lr arrived well-packed from CF. No complaints.

It doesn't mean they're gtg, just that there is some level at which even they are gtg.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    shipment of 2000 rds of Geco .22lr arrived well-packed from CF. No complaints.

It doesn't mean they're gtg, just that there is some level at which even they are gtg.

I agree with this sentiment. Although I've never purchased a firearm from Classic, several ammo shipments have arrived quickly & well-packed.

MongooseLaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2019
    Albion
    I recently had the exact same experience with Classic. I'm done with this company. I'm out a whopping $90 on a return (they charged me $60 for the return shipping + $30 transfer).

I've always loved Swiss Schmidt Ruben rifles. The only two I'm missing from my collection is the 1911 and Kadet so when the 1911's were back in stock I decided to go for it. Based on the description, the accompanying video, user reviews, and my buddy who purchased the same rifle through Classic last year, I set my expectations accordingly. I also paid an extra $20 for the hand select option, even though I think it's utter BS when everyone else does, too.

When the rifle arrived it was immediately apparent something was wrong. There was rust everywhere. Some was a light surface rust, some developed pitting near the stock. The bore was abysmal, over of the worst examples of any gun I've ever seen. The bolt handles were both broken, these are downright impossible to replace. I felt ripped off.

Whether or not this was a bad batch or a collection of returns, Classic used the same product page as their premium examples. I find this to be shady and dishonest to their customers. Furthermore, I left a 1 star review 2 weeks ago that was never posted. In fact, every 4 or 5 star review has always been posted. Some 3 star and all 2 star and below reviews have not. They're obviously skewing their ratings and reviews, another tick in the box for their dishonest business practices.

From now on, I will spend the extra money and only make purchases for the actual gun I will be buying. I will no longer rely on the honesty of the seller and the luck of the draw. Classic is the shady used car business of the gun world

I had close to the same experience, really wanted a 1911 long rifle, ordered it based on customer reviews, did not pay hand select fee. Several areas of bright rust and corrosion, I was not happy upon initial inspection. It ended up cleaning off fairly well, every number matched and the bore is excellent. I like the "battle worn" look to it (I know the Swiss were neutral) and it is dated 1915. I also went into it knowing it's luck of the draw with Classic surplus rifles, can't trust them at all, if you decide to take the plunge be prepared....could go either way. Doesn't make it right though, they should accept returns and at least credit for shipping.

Top Bottom